We have been watching Open Client as it has progressed over the last 18 months or so. I see that many improvements have been made since the first release. From what I have heard, there are some who are using it extensively in production environments. Could any of you who have recent experience (hopefully with the most recent 7.1.41) give us some insight on where OC is now? For example:
1. Performance in comparison to MFC Client
2. Presentation - have most of the layout issues been resolved?
3. How is maintenance of a production environment in comparison to MFC Client
4. Advantages and disadvantages in moving to current OC version
5. How much work did you need to do to your MFC Client system to get it going on OC?
6. Is anyone yet using OpenAjax?
7. Is the overall user experience better, the same, or worse than MFC client?
8. Are there any things you think we should be aware of before moving our apps to OC?
9. What are the reports back from customers? How about customers who have also used your app in MFC Client?
Darren - I know you are a big OC fan. Let's see if your post is the first. Is your system now in production?
How is Open Client Performance
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users