- - - - -

PROIV5.5 Error

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Rajesh_*

Guest_Rajesh_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2003 - 03:01 AM

Hi,

I am working on PROIV 5.5 and it was working fine from the day we installed. But this morning it gave a error message saying 'Function structure has been corrupted!. Please delete VIP source or re-load from PROIV native'.

This message is comming for all the team members and for those functions which we are trying to edit. But if we try to run the function is works fine. I am unable to understand this case.

Can anyone help me on this. I am attaching a bmp file for reference.

Thanks
Rajesh

Attached Files

#2 Stuart Burton

Stuart Burton

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 08:55 AM

This is caused by VIP screwing up it's internal tables. Delete the function in VIP and then re-import the function from native as the message suggests. Be carefull to make a backup of the original Pro-IV source to be on the safe side - I seem to remember that VIP will try to delete that as well...

#3 Andy Jones

Andy Jones

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 10:46 AM

Hi Rajesh,

I note from the screen grab that there's no open function showing, so does this error occur as soon as you try to open a function?
If so, have you Ischk'd your bootstrap files to make sure there is no corruption there? It is possible that one or more of the vipbm**.pro files have been corrupted and is causing this.

If that isn't the problem, have you logged the fault with PROIV support? They'll need to know what kernel version are you using and the OS your server is running (5.5 r403, win98 is the client), and what version of VIP you have installed. Also any information you have on the actions you do to cause this error.

HTH,

Andy
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

Don't learn from your own mistakes - it's safer and more entertaining to learn from the mistakes of others!

Just because you can, it doesn't mean you should!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users