#1 Rob Donovan

Rob Donovan

rob@proivrc.com

• Admin
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 11:47 PM

Hi,

I wondered if anyone could help me out.

I cant get broadband at home because the Telephone company cannot get the wires to our area yet :(

I want to setup a connection so that people can try out my new function editor. Its still in very 'Alpha' stage at the moment, but I just want to show it actually working.

So I need someone who has a permanent connection to the internet and can open a single port (something like port 5432, which is what ProIV Bus & Tasks uses).

The connection must be faster than a dialup, but there should not be much traffic that will interfere with your connection.

The server that is connected can be Unix or Windows and have ProIV v5.0 or higher on it. (Pref 5.5).

I can give full help in setting up the ProIV env. It will not allow people to connect to ProIV and login (ie that cant run ProIV functions etc), it will only allow Bus & Task access, through my editor.

This will allow users to try the new development environment without having to setup Bus & Tasks on their Server first, they will just have to install my software on their client side.

Either post here or email me direct rob@proivrc.com

Thanks for any help,

Rob D.

#2 Ovidiu Chirila

Ovidiu Chirila

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 09:29 AM

If you want I can help you with that.
I have a 512 Kb connection and not much traffic.
At the moment I have a win server running ProIV 4.6 but I can make another one for you. Just tell me what you need and it will be done ( if you need MS SQL Srv. etc)

Ovidiu
Linux is like a wigwam ... no windows, no gates and apache inside

#3 FredericBoudineau

FredericBoudineau

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2003 - 09:14 PM

Our company is involved with PROIV and developp a software for project and business management. For our support and developement use we have two serveur with 1024 Kb under PROIV 4.6 and 5.5 with Oracle. So we can offer what you need.
Anyway we are very interested by our developement. We believe that the main technology improvement in PROIV is bus and task but it is not so easy to develop with studio or vip.

best regards,

Frederic Boudineau
THELYS
FRANCE

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users