#1 andykay

andykay

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 06:51 PM

Greetings.

We are currently using Unix to send Emails using mailx and uuencode.

Nothing in our coding has changed, for months, with the code that transmits/Emails via this code.

Last Monday, Sept 12th, we started getting complaints from customers that they were unable to open the attachment in the email.

Upon looking into it, we found that it is 'only' emails sent to Yahoo addresses that is having this issue...All other customers are able to open the attachments attached to the emails we send them.  This was confirmed by sending the exact same attachment to both my work address and my yahoo address...the work address was able to open the attachment, the Yahoo address was not able to open the attachment. 

Upon attempting to open the PDF attached to the Yahoo email, an error is displayed, stating: "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC could not open 'filename.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)."

Upon downloading the 2 attachments to my local computer, there is a file size difference.  Upon opening the 'bad' pdf, it is just a single page long, whereas the 'good' pdf is many, many pages long.

Has anyone else that uses mailx&uuencode to send emails with attachments experienced any issues with Yahoo addresses since Monday, Sept 12th?

Cheers,

AK

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL IS THE HEADLAMP OF THE TRAIN THAT'S ABOUT TO HIT YOU!!!

#2 andykay

andykay

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:11 PM

Thanks to all who viewed.

As we couldn't find a fix for this issue, I just wrote a SSIS package to bypass our Unix Emailing dilemma...It seems to be holding water.

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL IS THE HEADLAMP OF THE TRAIN THAT'S ABOUT TO HIT YOU!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users