#1 Rob Fantini

Rob Fantini

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:49 AM

Hello

I want to add barcode reading to our inventory control system.

Does anyone know of code we could purchase to help with that?

#2 charlieh

charlieh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 02:04 PM

We recently built a vendor portal and warehouse inventory control system for an auto parts manufacturer using ProIV and Web Services (Concerto).. Part of the process was to send release schedules (orders) for raw materials to vendors. When the vendors are ready to ship a release, we create an ASN along with data for a master shipping label and container labels. We then send the label data to a product called PlanetPress, which produces the labels with bar code.

#3 Rob Fantini

Rob Fantini

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 09:10 PM

Hello Charlie

that is an interesting project . 

when the customer takes inventory  is a bar code reader used?   If so how do you get data to and from pro4?

what we are trying to do is set up a system to control our spare machine parts and motors. 

#4 charlieh

charlieh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:50 PM

Hi Rob,

So far we have done the bar code for receipts. Takes are next, but same concept. We use ProIV green screen on the scanners to get the master shipping label data and then we update the warehouse and inventory from that. We found if we just stick to the left upper quadrant in the screen function the dock and warehouse personnel can easily enter additional data thru the scanner as well.

#5 Rob Fantini

Rob Fantini

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 05:12 PM

we use an old version of pro4 , green screen only.  [ Version : 4.6000  Revision : 2.1.3 ] .

I know the system is old, but we are able to interface with nodejs to get data for sales graphs on html5 screens.   So I hope we will  be able to deal with text data going to and from the device.

Could you tell me about the device?

And possibly we could talk about hiring your company to help us get set up?

#6 charlieh

charlieh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 02:41 PM

The device we used was an AML Triton. We make a wireless connection to ProIV from it. Feel free to contact me at cwhaight@cedarspringstec.com if you have any other questions.

#7 Lewis Mccabe

Lewis Mccabe

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 01:53 AM

Rob, I just typed a very in dept discussion for you but was not logged in. Text was not retained. I will be a bit shorter but here is the gist: We have been printing barcodes from PROIV for 30 years. Presently, and for the last 10 years, we print warehouse labels using Zebra printers. Other manufactures are fine too but this is what we have settled on. FedEx uses Zebra and that is good enough for us. Zebra has a label design program which is free called "Zebra Designer". You can do anything with it - all symbologies, QR codes, many fonts, graphics, etc. In the label design, we put our PROIV variables which will be replaced at print time. We print to the Zebra printer using a generic text driver. Works like a champ. Labels look excellent and the time from print to when you have a label in your hand is about 2 seconds for a 4"x6" label. Faster for smaller labels. Our customers print millions of labels per year using this method. I can't remember the last time we had an issue with it. On the scan side, there is nothing really related to the software. Plug and scan. Give us more information on what configuration you are looking to implement. Lew

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users