Jump to content


Photo
- - - - -

Open Client - One time screen cycle not rendering


3 replies to this topic

#1 lanta

lanta

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle

Posted 28 March 2016 - 07:57 PM

We have an inquiry screen where we display the totals by calling "One time screen cycle" in the middle of header and paging screen. The issue we are having is it shows all the totals correctly in MFC client but does not show in Open client. I did put a UMSG to check and the values are all there.  Please refer attached picture of both MFC and Open client.

 

We recently upgraded from Kernel 7.1.9.0 to 7.1.58.3, and it worked fine in the kernel 7.1.9.0.

 

Once we accept the job number, we build a memory file to show the details in the list box and before displaying the list box we call the one time screen cycle to display the totals in the middle of the screen.

 

We tried different browsers and its missing on all the browsers.

I will really appreciate any help in resolving this issue. 

Thanks

 



#2 lanta

lanta

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle

Posted 28 March 2016 - 08:02 PM

Sorry, here is the attachment

Attached Thumbnails

  • OC-Issue.jpg


#3 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

    ProIV Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Manzanillo, Colima, Mexico

Posted 28 March 2016 - 09:02 PM

We started using OpenClient heavily when 7.1 was released. During this time we discovered and reported numerous problems to NGA with the way OC renders on the screen. When we upgraded to newer 7.1 releases some issues would get fixed whereas new ones would pop up. These are all issues that only applied to OC, not the MFC Client. The same thing happened when we migrated to 8.0 and 8.1. We are now on 8.2 and most of the rendering issues have been fixed. Since this issue didn`t exist in 7.1.9.0 you have struck a release that has broken your OC app. Since you are on the last release of 7.1 you have these options:

 

  1. First check with NGA to see if this is a known problem with 7.1.58.3.
  2. Create a new simple dummy one time screen that just has a couple of statics and a couple of scratch variables. If they render correctly then its probably not a one time screen issue.
  3. Check the positioning of the fields in relation to their static prompts and their widths. Make sure there are no overlaps. I can`t remember the exact release we were on but we had the same issue where a field wasn`t displaying. Even though the static was not overlaying the field, we moved the field one more character to the right and it then displayed correctly. If that doesn`t work, do a test with stripping out all of the statics and see what happens.
  4. Break your app down by deleting it into a simpler function until either you have nothing left or the last thing you delete fixes the problem. Change the screen to many time to see if that fixes it. Before I report an issue to NGA I always create a test case this way to send to them. Many times I have discovered the exact object that right or wrong fixes the problem. It may not help you in the end but it may help you to slightly redesign your function until it works again.
  5. Go back to 7.1.9.0.
  6. Test your app on an 8.2 installation and consider upgrading if it works OK. I know, this can be an expensive option.

My guess is you will eventually find a work around for this. It may be something simple you are doing that OC 7.1.58.3 (for right or wrong) is not expecting. Deleting components bit by bit always works for me.

 

Please let us know how you make out.

 

Regards

Ross



#4 DARREN

DARREN

    ProIV Guru

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Florida,USA

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:06 PM

From your description of the design it should be possible to incorporate the controls that are currently defined within the One Time screen into the header cycle as there is technically no requirement to have them reside within their own logical cycle. I am making the assumption that once a part number is entered a logical (global) update is being called to obtain the totals and write them to a temporary file (or return them as parameters). If it is the case that the values are written to a temporary (should be memory) file, then it can simply be read upon the entry of a valid part number. This approach also simplifies the function structure. 


Edited by DARREN, 31 March 2016 - 09:08 PM.

Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler



Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users