#1 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:27 PM

Hi there,

I have a paging screen in change mode only. After the paging screen paints I want control to automatically position on a field in the first record. I want this done without me having to hit change mode or anything. I have investigated ObjectReference.StartInNavigation = value but am not sure if this will do what I want. The documentation doesn't tell me in what logic event to use it in. The same documentation also refers to .StartNavigationField but it doesn't appear to be a valid method.

If someone can tell me a way to do this I would appreciate it.

Regards

Ross

#2 DARREN

DARREN

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:31 PM

I think I have achieved this in the past. I recall that I used @SPSEQ. The documentation reads as follows

Contains the sequence number of the record that is to be the first record displayed in the Paging Screen.  This is normally assigned a value in logic before commencing the Paging Screen

I recall that the setting of @SPSEQ also selects the row in the paging screen for edit. So in your case setting @SPSEQ to 1 should do it.

Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

#3 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 04:08 PM

Hi Darren,

Yes, that did the trick and got me to the first field. I just put logic in to do a field jump on logic before this field and it gets me to the desired field.

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Ross

#4 kapoof

kapoof

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

Hi Ross,

Also another handy thing to do is to be able to exit the paging screen (possibly to process data and remove records from the paging screen) and then to re-enter the paging screen at the same start and record position as before. Rather than post the details here I have included a simple demo paging screen (attached) which you can download and play with (the vpx or out file contains Function TESTPAGS and a memory file definition TESTPAGING (the data is built and deleted in the function).

Best Regards,

Rob Marshall.

Attached File  testpaging.vpx   63KB   29 downloads

Attached File  testpaging.out   29.35KB   25 downloads

#5 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:55 PM

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the demo. I will take a look.

Regards

Ross

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users