#1 Matthews Estrice

Matthews Estrice

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

Hi all,

I am trying to upload file from client to server using a demo function on PROIV Open Client and Aurora.

I am able to select the file using file browser to the folder.Once I have selected the file on the client machine,the contents get displayed as per the attached screen shot.When I click 'Send to Host' , I get an error saying 'ERROR - Please Select A Client File To Transfer'.The contents of the selected file are cached.Logging off then on,the same cotents are cached.I cannot return to the file browser option.

#2 DARREN

DARREN

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 09:12 PM

I would ensure that the Demo function does not have any bugs in it before you progess this futher. One option is just to 'hard code' the values into a Window dialogue screen to ensure that it is working as expected.

Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

#3 Matthews Estrice

Matthews Estrice

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

Hi Darren,

The telnet client works with hard coding of the paths in the windows dialogue and I am happy with that,but not with web browser sessions upload.

The upload can be done via smart phones or PDAs.The upload files could be from differrent sources on the 'Client' window dialogue.

On the 'Host' window dialogue,the values will be from the database tables.The logged on user can only upload to certain folder predefined in the parameter maintenance screen (parameters with operators will be stored on the database table).The host PATHs will be from the database table for control and security purpose.This to manage the DMS (Document Management System).I beleived this can be done quicker in PROIV.In this case , hard coding will not be the option to use.

The functioning/behaviour of the file upload differs between proiv web clients and the proiv thin client.On the web browser,I browse to the folder to select the file on the client.On the telnet client 'client',I select the file then click send to host.

#4 DARREN

DARREN

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

Hi Mathews

Just checking in to see if you were able to resolve this issue. If so, what was the solution that you came up with.

Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

#5 Matthews Estrice

Matthews Estrice

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:20 AM

Hi Darren,

We haven't resolved this issue yet,thank you for asking.We are still using CGI as a backen to upload the files.

Matthews

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users