#1 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 04:51 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm embarking on a project to write data entry screens for a 10" Windows 7 tablet. The optimum screen resolution for the tablet I'm using (ELO Tablet) is 1366 x 768 but I need the size of the fields and objects to be large enough for a better and more precise touch experience with fingers. I have considered changing the resolution to 800 x 600 but for various reasons am not allowed to do this. Running OpenClient with a customized CSS style sheet seems to be my only viable option. Last year I played around with customizing a style sheet and developed a simple Orders Lookup function that ran on a smart phone. Based on this experience I know how time consuming customizing CSS style sheets can be. Especially when you want to resize all the objects including scroll bars, list boxes, etc.

Has anyone out there already done this?

Regards

Ross

#2 DARREN

DARREN

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

Ross

Have you considered increasing the default size of the PROIV cell (default is 9 * 20). That may give you what you want

Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

#3 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

Hi Darren,

Yes I tried that but the OpenClient Height/Width Rendition Settings are totally useless. They increase some elements of objects but not everything. I was told the feature is to allow for increasing paging screen line sizes, etc. It does this but the text font size in the line remains the same. I have enclosed two screen shots to show you normal and double sized. Look at the button text, normal static text and the drop down icon.

What we decided to do in the end is to use the zoom feature on the browser. We set this to 175% which provides for a better touch environment. During one demo someone experienced less touch responsiveness but I have never experienced it. I was asked if the zooming of objects is not totally accurate as far as boundaries goes but I think its OK. If anyone has any other thoughts on this I would like to hear them.

Regards

Ross

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users