#1 Matthews Estrice

Matthews Estrice

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:40 AM

My greetings to everyone,
I dump a .csv file under the web server (Open Client) on the server.When trying to call the .csv file via web browser,the web browser does not ask me to SAVE or OPEN the .csv file.The web browser decides for me to open the file with IE web browser without asking me first.

I would like the web browser to first ask me first to either SAVE or OPEN the .csv file.I choose OPEN option then should ask me with what program I want the file to be open.Then I would either EXCEL or NOTEPAD.

This used to happen before when I used version 7 and 8 of IE web browser.I have enabled the setting under IE -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Custom Level ...-> Downloads - > File Downloads,still not working.

The some google suggestions suggest that I should edit the REGISTRY file and I am not in favour of that.

I am using windows 7 on 64 bit machine with IE 9 web browser.

Please help.

Matthews

#2 Steve Houghton

Steve Houghton

Advanced

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

My greetings to everyone,
I dump a .csv file under the web server (Open Client) on the server.When trying to call the .csv file via web browser,the web browser does not ask me to SAVE or OPEN the .csv file.The web browser decides for me to open the file with IE web browser without asking me first.

I would like the web browser to first ask me first to either SAVE or OPEN the .csv file.I choose OPEN option then should ask me with what program I want the file to be open.Then I would either EXCEL or NOTEPAD.

This used to happen before when I used version 7 and 8 of IE web browser.I have enabled the setting under IE -> Tools -> Internet Options -> Security -> Custom Level ...-> Downloads - > File Downloads,still not working.

The some google suggestions suggest that I should edit the REGISTRY file and I am not in favour of that.

I am using windows 7 on 64 bit machine with IE 9 web browser.

Please help.

Matthews

#3 Steve Houghton

Steve Houghton

Advanced

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hi Matthews

It will work differently with other browsers. You might be more successful if you use Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera!

Regards
Steve

#4 Matthews Estrice

Matthews Estrice

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

Google Chrome does not give any joy Steve.I will try other browser.

#5 Steve Houghton

Steve Houghton

Advanced

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

The file is produced by ProIV and already exists so there is no need to ask if you want to save it. The user only has to decide whether to open the file or not. I have it working using Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera

Regards
Steve

#6 Matthews Estrice

Matthews Estrice

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

Hi Steve,

Safari and Google Chrome web browsers do not give me joy but IE browser does.I will try other browsers.

Matthews Estrice

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users