3 replies to this topic

#1 NickPartridge

NickPartridge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Hi,
I've developed a function which uses about 10 SYSTEM commends one after the other and each time, the 'Window' is displayed for a split second and disappears. However, it looks horrendous ! lol and I would prefer if the window didn't appear at all. Is this possible ?
i.e. so that the user does not see any change to their screen as this function runs

#2 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

Hi Nick,

I haven't noticed the command window appearing when we execute a SYSTEM call for quite some time; I know it use to in the old days. I just put it down to our fast new server. Anyway, I just did this test #X = SYSTEM('COPY /Y "C:\PROIV\VIRTUAL MACHINE\BOOTS_TEST\*.PRO" D:\TEMP\') which takes 10 seconds to execute. At no time did the command prompt window appear. We are running Windows 2008 R2 Server with ProIV 7.1.41.0 (all 64 bit). What version are you running? I recommend you post this question on the ProIV Forum to see if the ProIV guys can answer this for you. It could be a that this has been fixed in newer versions.

Regards
Ross Bevin

#3 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

One more thing Nick! I just put the same command into a .BAT file and did the system call on it and still didn't get a window.

Regards

Ross

#4 NickPartridge

NickPartridge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Hi Ross,
thanks for the quick response, looks like I can't suppress the window due to the version we have (4.06) , however I've used an alternate solution that at least reduces the system call from 12 to 1 so a happy compromise - thanks again

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users