2 replies to this topic

#1 Rory

Rory

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:23 AM

We have been notified by Northgate of a policy change for old versions of PROIV.

The choice is apparently
1) upgrade to V7
2) pay a large increase to have minimum support on the old version

Has anyone else encountered this .... ?

Thanks.

#2 DARREN

DARREN

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

I am not sure that this is exactly a policy change in that this has pretty much always been their position. From my understanding it is also the position of other software vendors in that it attracts additional costs in supporting and maintaining legacy versions of a product in addition to maintaining and supporting the current one.

PROIV are quite good in publishing their end of life statements for their product versions in advance of the version being retired to enable customers to prepare for the upgrade to the new version.

I would also imaging the it can be a little frustrating for their support staff to investigate an issue that has been fixed (either implicitly or explicitly) on a later version. I know it would bug the hell out of me. Posted Image/>
Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

#3 Neil Hunter

Neil Hunter

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:34 AM

2) pay a large increase to have minimum support on the old version

Has anyone else encountered this .... ?

Thanks.

Have this at one of my clients who are busy moving off ProIV. Minimum support is something like annual maintenance fee increasing year-on-year by 50%. Bit of an argument brewing over this as we hardly ever need or require support from NGA at this site

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users