Photo
- - - - -

Can I retrieve a value in the variable buffer?

1 reply to this topic

#1 andykay

andykay

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:10 PM

Greetings...

I'd like to create a table that would be read to create a HTML address line that would contain both Static and Variable variables.

I have the prefix of the HTML address taken care of, so I won't be typing that in the following examples.

For instance, if I were using an Address table, the end of the HTML line might look like the following:

h t t p://...rs:Format=pdf&rs:Command=Render&nameParam=Fred&addr1Param=123Main&cityParam=Dataville

<p dir="ltr">Red variables = Required portion of the address

Olive Variables = Both Static and Variable variables

For Instance, if I have a table that has 2 fields, PARAMETER & PARAMETER_VALUE, and I create a definition of the following:

PARAMETER....................PARAMETER_VALUE
----------------------------------------------------------------------
rs:Format pdf
rdCommand Render
nameParam NAME
addr1Param ADDR1
cityParam CITY

<p dir="ltr">What I envision doing is checking to see if the PARAMETER_VALUE (PV) is in the Variable Definition Table (VDT), and if not then use whatever entry is in the PV as a static portion of the address. If the value in the PV is in the VDT, then it is a Variable Name (VN) and I'd like to retrieve the value that is in the buffer for that VN.

Is this just wishful thinking, or is it possible to get SuperLayer to understand that it is not supposed to take the literal value "NAME", but instead retrieve the value of the NAME variable that is currently in the buffer if the value "NAME" is found in the VDT?

TIA,

AK

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL IS THE HEADLAMP OF THE TRAIN THAT'S ABOUT TO HIT YOU!!!

#2 Matthews Estrice

Matthews Estrice

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

Hi Andy,
When Superlayer first came,we used @MODX and Superlayer on McDonald Douglus server on Dynix OS and Oracle DB.We had Scantech scanners connected to MS windows PCs sendind data from scanners to PROIV.A C-Language sripts were used to handled the data in the buffer.

Since C standard libraries are used with PROIV and C-Language can parse XML-RPC with your Superlayer environment and C handles the variables,I think that can be a pointer that can help you on your thinking.
Someone can correct me if I say PROIV programming language is a varient of C programming language and C programming can parse XML.You have that capability of going down to the lower programming level to achieve what you looking for by using a C std. Libraries.

On PROIV version 6 and 7, we use OOPS(SSO) to (input/output data stream) handle data using buffer stream.

I hope this will help a bit :-)
(Excuse my spelling error's I am typing on mobile phone)

Matthews Estrice

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users