7 replies to this topic

#1 Anthony Lim

Anthony Lim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

Hi,

I'm using Pro4 version 4.6r566on Window NT Server.

I have created a bus & task (p4task.exe) into a batch file (.bat) to execute the task function. When I tested in the Server it able to execute without any problem.

However when I'm using a scanner (running on Window CE) to remotely call the batch file in the server, it give error mesage "cannot execute p4task". This means it is trying to run p4task.exe in the window CE. How to trigger the batch to run on the Server instead of running locally? Does anybody know what command to use?
Please help.

Anthony Lim

#2 Steve Houghton

Steve Houghton

Advanced

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hi Anthony

Can you explain what is windows CE?

Regards
Steve

#3 Anthony Lim

Anthony Lim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 02:33 AM

Hi Steve,

Window CE is an operating system that can be use in a handheld device for eg: bar code scanner. The idea for this solution is to scan the barcode and pass in the item and quantity as a parameter to a function in pro-iv

for procesing which is sitting on the server. I'm using p4task to accomplish this.

#4 Lewis Mccabe

Lewis Mccabe

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

Anthony, correct me if I am wrong but years ago we attempted to get PROIV going on a Windows CE device with MFC client and ran into all kinds of trouble. I don't think Windows CE is a PROIV supported OS. Could it be your issue or have you been using PROIV on Windows CE for a while?

Lew

Edited by Lewis Mccabe, 03 December 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#5 Anthony Lim

Anthony Lim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:00 AM

Hi Lewis,

I'm not using Windows CE to run on Pro-IV. The pro-iv is running on the Window NT server. The reason to use P4task is to allow an external program to execute the function in Pro-IV. This external program happened to be sitted on Windows CE in a barcode scanner. Maybe I put my question in another way. How to trigger a p4task which is in Window NT server from a Handheld device?

#6 Wim Soutendijk

Wim Soutendijk

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

Hi Anthony,
Do you have p4task.exe installed on the windows CE device? The task will be running on the windows NT server, but to start up the task, you will need an excutable on the CE device.

wim

#7 Anthony Lim

Anthony Lim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

Hi Wim,

I copy over the p4task.exe from the NT server to the windows CE device and it doesn't recognised the p4task. If I want to install p4task in window CE, how should I go about it?

#8 Wim Soutendijk

Wim Soutendijk

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:09 AM

I think you will have to create a version of p4task.exe that can run on the windows ce device. On the virtual machine/bus directory, there is a dll , ocx and c code available. maybe someone can build that for you?

wim

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users