slmstack.pro equivallent

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dex

Dex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

Im migrating from superlayer to vip ide. The problem i currently facing is there are function in SL that were using system file like slmstack.pro which i could not find in vip.

Thanks,
Dex

#2 Steve Houghton

Steve Houghton

Advanced

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

Im migrating from superlayer to vip ide. The problem i currently facing is there are function in SL that were using system file like slmstack.pro which i could not find in vip.

Thanks,
Dex

Hi Dex

For those of us who have never used Superlayer what does slmstackpro do?

Regards
Steve

#3 DARREN

DARREN

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

slmstack is the Super Layer Menu Driver Stack file ('S'uper 'L'ayer 'M'enu Stack). There is no equivalent in Developer (VIP) as Developer is purely an I.D.E. SuperLayer had it's own menu functions. Although they were defined as an 'M'enu type they were actually 'S'creens behind the scenes as SuperLayer generated them as 'S'creen functions and then changed the type to 'M'

You have a number of options.

1) Change the 'M' to an 'F' for all your menu functions. That way you will be able to amend the menu function code.
2) Replace the SuperLayer menu system with another. When I worked at PROIV we developed an off the shelf Security and Menu driver package that forms part of the standard distribution with Version 7. The menu driver supports all the features that the SuperLayer menus supported including sub-titles - although I never liked those and always created them as distinct menus. Note that the Menu Driver is a single function that is data driven by data files that store a menus definition. PROIV developed migration routines that migrated the SuperLayer menus into the Security and Menu driver package.
3) Write/obtain your own menu system. Although more costly, this may be an advantageous time to look and redeveloping your navigation system.
4) Implement Aurora. Aurora's security and menu interface can be 'hooked' into any existing security system via the api's (task calls). By default it works with the aforementioned Security and Menu driver package that forms part of the standard distribution with Version 7. If you are serious about moving your application forward then this is the approach I would take.

I would give PROIV a call in the first instance to explore the above options, as they could probably do it for you a lot cheaper than it would take you to do it yourself - regardless of which option you chose.
Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

#4 Steve Houghton

Steve Houghton

Advanced

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:10 AM

Hi Dex

I can provide you with a very good menu system - All maintenance screens provided - contact me if you are interested!

Regards
Steve Houghton

#5 Dex

Dex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:34 PM

Oh thanks, but we already have our own menu. Just that i get this error when building the functions. I just get the explaination from my senior that the function is meaningless and i don't need to build it.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users