#1 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hi there,

We have recently migrated our system from Windows 2003 Server/ProIV 6.2 to Windows 2008 R2/ProIV 7.1. We have encountered a ProIV Client cursor problem that we once fixed back when we migrated from 5.5 to 6.2. Unfortunately we have forgotten what we did to fix it. I don't know if we changed a PIV file setting or a Windows setting. The issues is with numeric fields when they are the current field with existing data. The cursor sits on top of the last digit obscuring it slightly. E.g. a number such as 789.99 would have the cursor "|" sitting on the last 9. (See my attachment for an actual image) I reported the problem to Northgate and they have been able to reproduce it but can't find a way to fix it. They think it's a Windows 7/2008 issue because when they run the ProIV Client on Windows 2003 the cursor sits to the right of the last digit.

Has anyone come up with a way to overcome this problem? We would just like to get rid of the cursor completely, when running the MFC Client, because we change the background colour of the "current field" so the user always knows where they are.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Ross

Attached Thumbnails

• cursor2.jpg

#2 mdecroos

mdecroos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:11 AM

we have exact the same problem with multiple applications.
You can even reproduce the problem in control panel keyboard
If you type in Windows 2003 and in Windows 2008 all numbers untill the end of the field the difference is clear so it is really an OS bug from Microsoft.
But it is very strange that we do not find any solution on the internet.
Maybe it has something to do with RDP/CItrix because I believe you do not have the problem when connecting a screen directly to a server.
Please leave a message if you found a solution !
tx
Kind regards,
Marc

#3 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:11 PM

Hi Marc,

I have not seen this problem in any other application except ProIV. It's not Citrix or RDP (we run both) because I have the exact same problem on my local PC with ProIV running under Windows 7.
I will let you know if we find a solution.

Regards

Ross

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users