5 replies to this topic

#1 sean.graves

sean.graves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:48 PM

ProIV Version 5.5 or 6.2

Has anybody been able to embed Internet Explorer and hook onto the BeforeNavigate2 event in the ProIV client?

I have been able to embed the explorer and successfully been using Navigate2 for some time now.
But today I had one of those silly ideas and wanted to hook onto the BeforeNavgate2 event.

I made it a Kernel event but the problem comes with the mappings to the parameters.
If I leave all the parameters empty the event triggers ok.

But if I fill in pDISP and URL as a $ scratch variables when I try and access the $URL in the event I get an error message:

"Before Navigate:Bad Parameter passed AX Variant Type : 12"

Regardless of what I put into the mappings I get the same error.

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks
Sean

Edited by sean.graves, 10 July 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#2 DARREN

DARREN

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

Sean

I see you are on version 5.5. Can you post some screen shots of your code and I will try it on version 6 and/or 7. Have you defined the control as a Static or Dynamic object ??
Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

#3 sean.graves

sean.graves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

Hi Darren,

I have attached a zip file that contains screenshots document, a prx and the example html file that it tries to load.
Logic 1 is on LS1 default that tells it to load the html file.
Logic 50 is the BeforeNavigate event.
The UMSG is accessing the $BNURL result which give the error that it cannot be done.

Thanks for any advice that you find.

Sean

Sean

I see you are on version 5.5. Can you post some screen shots of your code and I will try it on version 6 and/or 7. Have you defined the control as a Static or Dynamic object ??

Attached Files

#4 DARREN

DARREN

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:09 PM

Hi Sean

I was able to get this to work with version 7 client (which is what we have upgraded to) and a version 6 Kernel (6.2.65.0). Not sure if it makes a difference but I did define all the parameters in the method call, setting the unused ones to null. I have attached a couple of screen shots.

Attached Thumbnails

• PROIVEmbededIEBrowserScreenShot.png
  • PROIVEmbededIEBrowserMethod.png

#5 DARREN

DARREN

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:51 PM

Scratch that. Once I fully understood and implemented your code I got the same error message when UMSGing the URL on the Kernel Event Handler logic for the event. I even tried assigning the variable to another, and UMSGing that. I also tried writing the value to a file with the same result.

Just as a point of interest, using this control will obviously limit you to I.E. but more importantly it there is not a JavaScript equivalent that has been written for the OpenClient (unless someone else like MS has written one). This will limit you if/when you go to the OpenClient. I would strong recommend that you employ the PROIVBrowser control instead as that is support on the Windows and Open Client.

#6 sean.graves

sean.graves

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

Hi Darren,

I thought as much. I reckon its the datatypes comming back from this event thats upsetting proiv.

Ok thanks very much for trying it out.
At least we all know not to do it.

Regards - Sean

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users