Run time error with ProIV E-mail

2 replies to this topic

#1 gdmjdkc

gdmjdkc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:41 PM

We have been using ProIV e-mail in several functions for several years. We just upgraded the client 6.2.59.0.

The e-mail appears to work as it should and the functions complete processing, but we are getting an Runtime error (see attachment). It appears to be on the "Send()" method in the e-mail active X control. I have checked the ActiveX gallery and the local machine folder and everything seems to be in place. I have re-genned all of the functions that use the control but we still get the error. It seems to be sporadic sometimes it will give the error and other times it will work just fine. Any ideas in solving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• Mail Error.jpg

#2 DARREN

DARREN

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:51 PM

I would highly recommend that you discontinue using the ActiveX e-mail and instead switch to the SSO e-mail control that is shipped with version 6.x and 7.x. This removes any client side dependencies. I have pasted an example of how we use it the email sso below. There are also some good examples in the demo functions that are shipped with the product.

I have also attached a couple of functions that we use within our app to e-mail. One is a global update and the other is a global screen (dialogue). I have not included the file definition as it forms part of our security model, but you should be able to easily figure out/create your own version that holds the e-mail configs.

Darren

P.S. We use Linux, so if you use windows you may have to byte swap (ischk) the attached vpx.

//
// Send the e-mail, setting up all the data first.
//
// Set up the SSO properties from the entered values
EmailSSO.smtpServername = RM_SMTP_SERVER_NAME
EmailSSO.smtpUsername = RM_SMTP_USER_NAME
EmailSSO.smtpPassword = RM_SMTP_USER_PASSWORD
EmailSSO.subject = 'ISO Claims Post Error Notification'
EmailSSO.smtpPort = CONV(RM_SMTP_PORT)
//
// Use a method to set the sender
//
EmailSSO.setFrom(From)
//
// and the recipient
//
EmailSSO.appendTo(Recipient)
//
// Append the message - this allows long messages
//
EmailSSO.appendMessage(Message)
//
// Attach the xml document to the e-mail
//
EmailSSO.addAttachment(Attachement)
//
// Send the mail
//
EmailSSO.send()
//
//Clear the 'To', 'Cc','Message' and 'Attachements' buffers
//
EmailSSO.clearToRecipients()
EmailSSO.clearCcRecipients()
EmailSSO.clearMessage()
EmailSSO.clearAttachments()
RETURN

Attached Files

Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

#3 gdmjdkc

gdmjdkc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:41 PM

We have began working with the information you provided, preliminary results are good. Thank you for your quick response and detailed information.

Don't know why the ActiveX e-mail was having issues. We did report it to PROIV support. If the testing goes good we will discontinue using the ActiveX and switch to the SSO.

Again thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with such detailed information. It is greatly appreciated.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users