PROIV and Superlayer

2 replies to this topic

#1 guest_gp

guest_gp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

I am new to PROIV and SuperLayer. I want to know what is Superlayer and how it is related to PROIV. Also I would appreciate if someone could provide any documentation or link on SUPERLAYER.

#2 Glenn Meyers

Glenn Meyers

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Interests:I also raise African Gray Parrots and build hot rod automobiles.

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

SuperLayer is a layer above ProIV that allows a few interesting programming methods.
I think it is now solely used by Glovia and even they are attempting to phase it out.

Glenn

#3 George Macken

George Macken

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:18 PM

Hi

Its a long time since I used SL (1995-6)

I would descrive Superlayer as an alternative development environment to the Pro-IV development environment.
SL has its own IDE and associated files/tables, when you "build/compile" a SL function it effectively translates&copies the SL code into the Pro-IV dev environment.
(Some of the SL tables may be referenced at Run time???)

If your functions exist at a SL level then DO NOT edit the functions using Pro-IV @MOD/@MODX as these changes will not be reflected at the SL level and therefore any changes at Pro-IV level will be lost when/if the function is subsequently edited at SL level. It is possible to have a system that combines both SL functions (which created PRO-IV function) with PRO-IV functions that have no SL equivalent.

My recollection is that SL was a better Dev Env than the Pro-IV Dev Env.

If you are new to Pro-IV then see/search earlier posts -

http://www.proivrc.com/index.php?act=ST&f=...read=1&hl=cycle

http://www.proivrc.c...ch__1#entry9581

I think that understanding the Timing Cycle of the different function types S/R/U is key to learning Pro-IV

Hope this helps

George

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users