2 replies to this topic

#1 Anthony Kelsall

Anthony Kelsall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 09:57 AM

Hi,

I work for Tata Steel UK Limited and am on the lookout for a company who carry out courses in ProIV.
The added difference is that we require a 'Green Screen' training course using @MODX.
Our system is running ProIV version 5 on SCO UNIX.
If there is anyone out there who runs these courses or knows of a company that runs them then please contact me on anthony.kelsall@tatasteel.com.

In addition, if there aren't any courses can anyone supply me with some 'Green Screen' basic course notes? Or know of any online somewhere? As a last resort (and I really hope I don't have to) I may try and run a course myself.

Thanks
Ant.

#2 DARREN

DARREN

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 05:39 PM

I would suggest that PROIV themselves would be your first port of call. They should still have the training material prior to developer studio/V.I.P. Talking of which, if you are on PROIV 5.5 then you could use V.I.P. (now known as PROIV Developer) and still maintian/developer your PROIV applications for character based/green screen rendition. The forms designer even has a 'green screen' mode that depicts the character based rendition. @MODX is very dated and the productivity gains with the new development tools are marked in comparison.

Hi,

I work for Tata Steel UK Limited and am on the lookout for a company who carry out courses in ProIV.
The added difference is that we require a 'Green Screen' training course using @MODX.
If there is anyone out there who runs these courses or knows of a company that runs them then please contact me on anthony.kelsall@tatasteel.com.

In addition, if there aren't any courses can anyone supply me with some 'Green Screen' basic course notes? Or know of any online somewhere? As a last resort (and I really hope I don't have to) I may try and run a course myself.

Thanks
Ant.

Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

#3 Anthony Kelsall

Anthony Kelsall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 07:59 AM

Hi Darren,

Thanks for your reply. Already tried PROIV and they do not have any documentation or any courses.

We are in the process of moving the support of the system from me to our main 3rd party supplier (who have no PROIV).
All my knowledge is around using @MODX so I don't really want to pass the system to them and try to help them pick up VIP (when haven't even used it).

Once fully handed over then I suspect that a future move would be for them to move to VIP?

Regards
Ant.

I would suggest that PROIV themselves would be your first port of call. They should still have the training material prior to developer studio/V.I.P. Talking of which, if you are on PROIV 5.5 then you could use V.I.P. (now known as PROIV Developer) and still maintian/developer your PROIV applications for character based/green screen rendition. The forms designer even has a 'green screen' mode that depicts the character based rendition. @MODX is very dated and the productivity gains with the new development tools are marked in comparison.

Hi,

Thanks
Ant.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users