*** Applicants must have the ability to obtain a US Government Clearance (requiring US citizenship).
***Upon clearance approval, the candidate will be an integral part of building the World's Largest Laser, The National Ignition Facility (NIF) and will have the opportunity to work on a team of renowned scientists and engineers. NIF is the world's largest and highest-energy laser, the National Ignition Facility (NIF) (lasers.llnl.gov). In 2010, NIF began experiments that focus the energy of 192 giant laser beams on a BB-sized target filled with hydrogen fuel. NIF's goal is to fuse the hydrogen atoms' nuclei and produce net energy gain the same fusion energy process that makes the stars shine and provides the life-giving energy of the sun.
*** LLNL is a premier employer offering world class benefits and a competitive compensation plan. Additionally, LLNL is nestled up against the beautiful Livermore Valley hills and wineries with close proximity to a plentitude of outdoor beauty and recreation. Come join us at LLNL and enjoy work-life balance at its finest!
NATURE AND SCOPE OF JOB
The National Ignition Facility Computing (NIFC) Division within the Computing Applications & Research (CAR) Department has an opening for a Software Engineer to provide application development and maintenance supporting multiple applications including Enterprise Resource Planning (Glovia ERP) and Enterprise Asset Management (Infor/Datastream EAM). Majority of assignments will include developing code to enhance and expand capabilities, documentation, quality control, user support and training. This position will work independently and interact with other development team members, users and a wide range of stakeholders/customers including external vendors. This position will occasionally work extended hours and/or outside normal business hours in order to provide support for production application upgrades, testing and issue resolution. The position will report administratively to the NIFC Group Leader for Operations and technically to the NIF Control & Information Systems Business Applications team lead.
- Develop and enhance customized software (schema, code, user interface) to improve the capability of the ERP/EAM applications.
- Develop and maintain software that will integrate and interface with other applications.
- Triage issues that could be related to infrastructure and work to isolate problem areas.
- Evolve a plan of issue resolution in collaboration with web services team.
- Develop design requirements and unit test plans to support customizations as well as documentation useful to customers and other developers.
- Comply with development standards and methods including: quality-control planning, testing, releases, and source code management.
- Provide development estimates and design recommendations.
- Maintain current status of tasks in an issue tracking system, such a JIRA.
- Provide tier two level Help Desk support to research and resolve issues.
- Work with customers to provide training as required and to ensure that software and systems interface properly.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with ES&H, Security, and business practice requirements and policies.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- BS in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, or related field, or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge.
- Experience developing moderately complex interfaces and integrations between enterprise level applications (e.g., between Glovia and LOCOS or SMART and ECMS).
- Comprehensive knowledge of ERP/EAM concepts and methodologies with a demonstrated ability to find and execute solutions to moderately complex problems.
- Experience with the following technologies: Pro-IV Super Layer, SQL and PL/SQL, MS Visual Studio, Java and IBM Cognos Reports.
- Application experience developing in an enterprise level environment following development standards for coding, documentation, design/code reviews, and unit testing.
- Experience with Oracle databases and creating data models.
- Experience performing shell scripting in Windows and UNIX environments.
- Experience completing development deliverables (design specs, test plans) and using code management system/processes.
- Proven effective teamwork skills and self-directed within the assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated proficient verbal and written communication skills with proven success in communicating with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to occasionally work extended hours and/or outside normal business hours in order to provide support for production application upgrades, testing and issue resolution.
DESIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Specific experience developing with Glovia ERP and Info/Datastream EAM.
- Familiar with XML concepts and data transfer methods.
- Experience with JSP.
- Familiar with Oracle TOAD.
- Solid understanding and experience in all phases of IT lifecycle methods or software engineering lifecycle methodologies, including unit testing, software configuration management and other development best practices.
- Experience with the following technologies: Database Architecture: Oracle, Oracle Advanced Queues.
- Comprehensive functional understanding of Engineering and Manufacturing activities, in non-traditional environments.
- Knowledgeable of engineering processes (ECR/ECO, CAD development and models, BOM management).
Pre-placement Medical Exam: None required
Pre-Employment Drug Test: External applicants selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (Position will be cleared to this level.) Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing
Edited by Rob Donovan, 26 August 2010 - 03:19 PM.