- - - - -

023 INVALID Error

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_matc_*

Guest_matc_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2010 - 10:48 AM

Having now setup a number of paging screens I am getting a very iritating problem. To enable the Paging screen to work correctly I have set it up with Lookup and Change mode, with Change as the default.

However if the users "chooses" to double click the row, I get the error 023-INVALID-DATA NOT NUMERIC, if I change to Lookup mode only I get the message - INVALID MODE FOR SCREEN.

Is there anyway of filtering out these messages to stop the user seeing them?

Interestingly if I put a user message in the after write field on the primary table for the paging screen I get not error at all!

#2 louie0625

louie0625

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 11:14 PM

must be the key fields in the paging screen..

what are the field attributes of your key fields?

#3 Guest_matc_*

Guest_matc_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

must be the key fields in the paging screen..

what are the field attributes of your key fields?

Key field is a numeric and is the the key of the primary(and only) file that I am reading is also numeric.

#4 DARREN

DARREN

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 07:30 PM

I think louie was inquring about the Behavior properties. Specifically, have you defined the key fields in the paging screen to be either No Change/Auto Repeat/Override or Display Only/Auto Repeat/Override.

I also recall seeing this issue on earlier versions of 6.2. We are on 6.2.43.0 and do not experience this issue. It may be worth taking a look at the latest release notes.
Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

#5 andykay

andykay

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 01:17 AM

mat,

To enable the Paging screen to work correctly I have set it up with Lookup and Change mode, with Change as the default.

- Is this a paging screen inside a function (and are there other fields in the PS), or the paging screen of a ComboBox?

INVALID MODE FOR SCREEN

- If it's the latter, you might be inheriting the valid modes from the calling function.

I put a user message in the after write field on the primary table for the paging screen I get not error at all

- So...Leave the UMSG in there :-" . UMSG('')

ITF...Screen shots (Modes, Logic In Code, Field Info, etc...) help alot for people who read your posting to possibly figure out what the issue is. The more info you can provide regarding your problem, the better/faster/more accurate answer you'll receive. It's better to provide too much info than not enough. If you don't, you're forcing readers to make assumptions about how your code works that may take us down a different path than if you had provided more information.

Good Luck,

AK

Edited by andykay, 21 August 2010 - 01:20 AM.

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL IS THE HEADLAMP OF THE TRAIN THAT'S ABOUT TO HIT YOU!!!

#6 Guest_matc_*

Guest_matc_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2010 - 11:30 AM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. The problem in the end turns out to be that you can't have a Numeric field as the key for your driving table on the paging screen, it needs to be an alpha field.

As a work around I have converted the key in "after read" logic to an alpha field and everything works as it should. :-"

Interestingly enough the Data driven combo box has a similar issue it is not able to handle a table with a Numeric key, once again the solution is to convert it to an alpha and then back to a numeric when you need it again.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users