Combo box automatically re-launching

1 reply to this topic

#1 Anthony Downey

Anthony Downey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:14 PM

I have a situation where I window on a field to launch a combo box and without selecting an item I cancel out. This results in the combo box executing a second time. I was expecting the combo box to close and to be positioned on the launch field.

Trace logic shows that on cancel, the combo box closes, before field logic executes and then the combo box launches automatically without a user request.

It is the first entry field on the screen with all the previous fields being display only. No files are read from this field.

I am using version 5.5 revision 556 and client 6.1.64 on Windows NT.

I welcome any suggestions as to the reason behind this or for a workaround.

#2 Marlon

Marlon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:41 AM

Hello Anthony,
I had this problem in v6.1, Neil Holmes told me it was a known bug, and it's fixed in v6.2. I don't know if ProIV will be fixing v5.5 anymore. Maybe you'll need to ask them.

I have a situation where I window on a field to launch a combo box and without selecting an item I cancel out. This results in the combo box executing a second time. I was expecting the combo box to close and to be positioned on the launch field.

This is your captain speaking. We may experience some slight turbulance and then...explode.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users