1 reply to this topic

#1 Jim

Jim

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:26 PM

After crashing out of Developer due to a non-p4 issue I found recently that some functions I had been working on were left locked by the same user I was logged in as, must be under some runaway session etc. - I couldn't get anything but read only access to the functions until I restarted the server. Restarting the various services (Windows OS) had no effect. I've seen this raised in two other threads on the forum for v5.5 but nothing for v6+ - are there any .lock type files that can be deleted / bootstraps that can have a flag amended / some other mechanism to release the edit locks on these functions / etc. Bouncing the server is possible for off site dev environment but not really a runner for servers shared with other dev / users etc. TIA for any helpful hints.

Regards,
Jim.

#2 Wim Soutendijk

Wim Soutendijk

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 12:04 PM

Hi Jim,

it looks like the logic is updated by a task. this is handled by the windows kernel server. You have to restart both the proiv server and the windows kernel server. I can't remember the special combiation that was needed in starting/stopping these services, so I usually end up in restarting the whole server as well.

wim

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users