4 replies to this topic

#1 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:22 PM

We have a preview option when printing reports that allows a user to output to MS Word 2003. Under ProIV 5.5 on Windows 2000 Server MS Word 2000 would open full screen and stay on top (in focus). We are now running 6.2 on Windows 2003 with MS Word 2003 and after MS Word opens it only does so in half screen size and then quickly loses focus with the ProIV client coming back on top (in focus). We want Word to open full screen and stay on top. I want to establish whether ProIV 6.x is causing this problem. Can anyone else running 6.x tell me if they experience the same problem?

Thanks

Ross Bevin

#2 Peter Elliott

Peter Elliott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 08:15 AM

Our 6.1 implementation is the same; it opens Word, Excel or a website then switches focus back to the ProIV app.

Apparently this has been fixed in 6.2.27.0; can anyone confirm?

#3 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 10 September 2009 - 01:08 PM

Thanks for the reply Peter. We are running 6.2.27.0 and no, it hasn't been fixed. I'm going to log it as a bug too to ensure it gets fixed.

Thanks

Ross

#4 Joseph Bove

Joseph Bove

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 08:54 PM

Ross,

I'm not sure that's a kernel issue per se.

I always thought that Windows was bringing the most recently updated application to the forefront. It could be that the 5.5 kernel was more responsive and therefor it updated before Word was opened.

You could try retiming the call to Word to take place after the screen updates in ProIV or using a GUI WINDOWS call. The synchronous nature of it would freeze ProIV until the user closes Word. However, if another Word session is open, all bets are off.

hth,

Joseph

#5 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 08:29 PM

Just to let everyone know, I have solved this problem.

A couple of years ago I was working with Northgate on a 6.1 printing problem and I was advised to change ProIV Client - Edit - Session Properties - PROIV Application - ReportEditor to blank and set ReportDocType to DOC. While working with Northgate today on this issue I decided to change ReportEditor back to the full path to Winword.exe. Now when I print to screen Word is launched and stays on top (in focus).

Regards
Ross Bevin

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users