5 replies to this topic

#1 mikelandl

mikelandl

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:22 PM

Just wondering what type of service everyone is receiving from their "local" Proiv tech support. Here in North America, from my personal experience, it appears as though there are only 2 main support people and the majority of the time you call and get voice mail. When you do get through to someone they are usually pretty good at helping you out though. I'd be curious to know what support in Europe is like considering that is where the main user base is located.

#2 Donald Miller

Donald Miller

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycling, Running, Cooking

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:35 PM

Hi Mike

I wonder why no-one has responded...

I usually get one of two responses: the first is "that's been fixed in a future release" which is fine for those with more time and resources. It requires a workaround or a different method in my case. It's an encouraging answer tho - cos the problem is fixed. It's also helped me learn more about Pro IV and VIP.

The second is pre-empted by additional examination of the code and identification of the error or finding another method. Usually. Occasionally their reponse is a request for more information/function prx/file layouts etc. and during development that's a lower priority. So to save Support and my time re-examination of the code normally sorts anything out.

I guess that's not exactly the answer you want - but they always respond.

There have been a couple of instances where Pro IV was indeed at fault and the problem has been registered to be repaired - but as yet an updgrade would be required to benefit. One day soon......
Half of what he said meant something else, and the other half didn't mean anytthing at all

#3 mikelandl

mikelandl

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 12:35 PM

Hi Mike

I wonder why no-one has responded...

I usually get one of two responses: the first is "that's been fixed in a future release" which is fine for those with more time and resources. It requires a workaround or a different method in my case. It's an encouraging answer tho - cos the problem is fixed. It's also helped me learn more about Pro IV and VIP.

The second is pre-empted by additional examination of the code and identification of the error or finding another method. Usually. Occasionally their reponse is a request for more information/function prx/file layouts etc. and during development that's a lower priority. So to save Support and my time re-examination of the code normally sorts anything out.

I guess that's not exactly the answer you want - but they always respond.

There have been a couple of instances where Pro IV was indeed at fault and the problem has been registered to be repaired - but as yet an updgrade would be required to benefit. One day soon......

Hi Donald,

Thanks for the reply. I must admit that the two guys out in California (Milo and Owen) do a good job when you get through to them and they've given me useful information that I never would have found on my own (or in the documentation for that matter). Unfortunately, since there are only two of them, it is sometimes difficult to get through.

#4 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:54 PM

Hi guys,

I agree that Milo and Owen out of the Irvine, CA office provide excellent support. I'm qiute a prolific bug logger and so long as I give them an example function that reproduces the problem then it passes through the system to third level support and beyond fairly quickly. I know many of us are busy but unless you can provide them with an example then it's not going to get fixed, unless someone else logs it. I'm using a lot of new features from 6.2 for a new look and feel makeover of our system. Luckily I have 4 months before going live so most of the bugs I log now should be fixed by then. We tend to go into production with new 6.2 releases 4 weeks after their release so we tend to find problems before most other ProIV clients do. I have no complaints with the service we receive and have a good working relationship with ProIV Support.

Regards
Ross

#5 sleezy

sleezy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:06 AM

Here in the Asia Pacific region we have a single resource now Neil Mellis has been made redundant.

He is streched so it takes a bit of time for information to return to questions etc.

#6 DARREN

DARREN

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:43 PM

Hi guys,

I agree that Milo and Owen out of the Irvine, CA office provide excellent support. I'm qiute a prolific bug logger and so long as I give them an example function that reproduces the problem then it passes through the system to third level support and beyond fairly quickly. I know many of us are busy but unless you can provide them with an example then it's not going to get fixed, unless someone else logs it. I'm using a lot of new features from 6.2 for a new look and feel makeover of our system. Luckily I have 4 months before going live so most of the bugs I log now should be fixed by then. We tend to go into production with new 6.2 releases 4 weeks after their release so we tend to find problems before most other ProIV clients do. I have no complaints with the service we receive and have a good working relationship with ProIV Support.

Regards
Ross

Owen, from my understanding, is an engineer and can 'get into the code' and see how it all works. Milo has been working with PROIV for decades. Between the two of them there is not a lot they don't know or cannot find out.
Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users