2 replies to this topic

#1 sebago62

sebago62

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:14 PM

Hola!

I am developing in VIP and I'd like to put a checkbox on a paging screen I'm working on instead of a 1 character edit box accepting Y/N. This works fine, but the after click/lost focus behavior isn't doing quite what I'd like. If the user clicks the checkbox on my paging screen, that's all I want them allowed to do at that time, so I've been experimenting to get it write the record and move on to the next record right away when in change mode (default). But it doesn't. The user needs to click on the next record (or hit enter) to get After Write No Error logic to process. Sometimes it's the only active field on the paging screen, sometimes not.

Any ideas on how to force the record to write after activating a checkbox? Has anyone had success doing this same thing?

Thanks,
Sebago62

#2 DARREN

DARREN

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 11:10 PM

Hola!

I am developing in VIP and I'd like to put a checkbox on a paging screen I'm working on instead of a 1 character edit box accepting Y/N. This works fine, but the after click/lost focus behavior isn't doing quite what I'd like. If the user clicks the checkbox on my paging screen, that's all I want them allowed to do at that time, so I've been experimenting to get it write the record and move on to the next record right away when in change mode (default). But it doesn't. The user needs to click on the next record (or hit enter) to get After Write No Error logic to process. Sometimes it's the only active field on the paging screen, sometimes not.

Any ideas on how to force the record to write after activating a checkbox? Has anyone had success doing this same thing?

Thanks,
Sebago62

Set the "Auto-complete" switch that is defined on the Data tab within the properties dialogue window. That should give you the functionality that you are looking for.
Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

#3 sebago62

sebago62

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:46 AM

That's it.. thank you Darren

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users