3 replies to this topic

#1 Amy

Amy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 02:56 PM

Hi.

I am trying to convert reports to print headings in upper case. I modify the function and the system changes the headings back to lower case. I have looked all through the system settings and just can't seem to find the problem. I don't have the time to change every heading in my dictionary to upper case.... although that seems to be the only thing I can do. If I change the heading (attention to attn, it works but if I need the original heading it overwrites the capitals.)

SL 5.5 version 3.2.5

Thanks for any help, Amy

#2 DARREN

DARREN

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 04:37 PM

Hi.

I am trying to convert reports to print headings in upper case. I modify the function and the system changes the headings back to lower case. I have looked all through the system settings and just can't seem to find the problem. I don't have the time to change every heading in my dictionary to upper case.... although that seems to be the only thing I can do. If I change the heading (attention to attn, it works but if I need the original heading it overwrites the capitals.)

SL 5.5 version 3.2.5

Thanks for any help, Amy

SuperLayer uses it's own global logics to convert strings into mixed case. There was a feature that allowed a back slash '\' to be entered before the string, and the string would be left unamended e.g. \MYUPPERSTRING would result in MYUPPERSTRING
Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

#3 Amy

Amy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 06:14 PM

Hi Darren,

I just tried that and it did not work. It saved the heading as \DATE.
Thanks though.

Amy

Hi.

SL 5.5 version 3.2.5

Thanks for any help, Amy

SuperLayer uses it's own global logics to convert strings into mixed case. There was a feature that allowed a back slash '\' to be entered before the string, and the string would be left unamended e.g. \MYUPPERSTRING would result in MYUPPERSTRING

#4 Shaun Rudland

Shaun Rudland

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 09:52 PM

G'Day Amy,

It's been 2-3 years since I developed in SuperLayer, but from memory, Darren's reply seems right. I would suggest checking the set-up options screen in SL - sorry but I can't recall what the screen is called. It's possible in there to define certain characters for different actions, and there could well be a "retain as typed" option. If that's the case then your installation may have been set-up with something other than "\" as the special character.

Regards

Shaun
PRO-IV free for 385 Days B)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users