2 replies to this topic

#1 mattbrand

mattbrand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:38 PM

Hey folks.

I am transitioning from version 5 to 6, and I have a system that uses a bunch of bus & task calls to talk back and forth between a Linux Server and a Windows server. I have the Gateway set up on the Linux server through the Control Panel, however I have no idea where to begin with the actual task calls.

I used to call them through system logic statements like this:

$SYSCALL = '/usr/bin/p4task /task:IPADDRESS:TASKNAME /env:WINENV' /user:WINUSER:WINPWD /oper:TSKOPERATOR:TSKPWRD /codiv:SHA 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null'

And then run a system call on $SYSCALL.

I haven't found any documentation on how to actually make a task call through V6 and the Gateway, and ProIV is not responding to my support calls. Any tips on where to look?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Chris Mackenzie

Chris Mackenzie

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 08:14 AM

Hey folks.

I am transitioning from version 5 to 6, and I have a system that uses a bunch of bus & task calls to talk back and forth between a Linux Server and a Windows server. I have the Gateway set up on the Linux server through the Control Panel, however I have no idea where to begin with the actual task calls.

I used to call them through system logic statements like this:

$SYSCALL = '/usr/bin/p4task /task:IPADDRESS:TASKNAME /env:WINENV' /user:WINUSER:WINPWD /oper:TSKOPERATOR:TSKPWRD /codiv:SHA 1> /dev/null 2> /dev/null'

And then run a system call on $SYSCALL.

I haven't found any documentation on how to actually make a task call through V6 and the Gateway, and ProIV is not responding to my support calls. Any tips on where to look?

Thanks in advance.

Hasn't changed much, this is a sample call from an app running on windoze to a Unix P4 server:

p4task.exe /debug /task:<machine_name>:<port_number>:TK_TASKTEST /params:T_INPUT=Hello /env:<p4_environment_name> /codiv:MDC /oper:TSK:TSK
The content and views expressed in this message are those
of the poster and do not represent those of any organisation.

#3 mattbrand

mattbrand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 01:59 PM

Great. Thank you. I got it now. Now I am able to successfully call a task in codiv PTI.

However, no task calls are working for me in my customer's codiv. Not on their server, not on our copy of their system here at our office. I am testing it by trying to run the Pro4 test task, TK_Z_TASKREP. It runs perfectly fine with PTI, but when you replace PTI with another codiv, it gives the following error:

Error 51: p4ExecTask: EXEC 'TK_Z_TASKREP' returned non-zero kernel status -1, reason 3, sub-error -1

Error 51: p4ExecTask: EXEC 'TK_Z_TASKREP' returned non-zero kernel status -1, reason 3, sub-error -1
[EXEC didn't send a status variables list]
p4ExecTask failed: Last Error 51, StatusCode -1, FailReason 3, SubError -1

The weird thing is that we even tried starting from scratch, created a whole new environment with a new boot and data area, and a new Gateway that points to it. Then I copied PTI/TSK to my new environment, deactivated the old Gateway, and started the new one. And it still fails. On a totally bare bones boot and data area.

Anyone run into a similar issue?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users