12 replies to this topic

#1 lbego

lbego

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:30 PM

When date control is setting, when the cursor is in a date field and
i push 'entry', the focus don't go to the next field, but remain in the date field.
has somebody a solution?
thank

#2 Neil Hunter

Neil Hunter

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:44 AM

Tab key. This is a bug and was reported with ProIV Support a while back

#3 DeclanLyne

DeclanLyne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:48 AM

I have never really liked the way the editbox behaved when you turned on the date control in the client but I did like the calendar control that was displayed. A couple of years ago I hunted around to find the control that you see in a lot of Windows apps. I set it up as a global function and you simply call it. The big advantage to doing this is you have full control over it so you can decide in window logic not to call it. The problem with the turning it on in the client is you have no control over it. The attached example is from V6 but will work the same in V5.

Let me know what you think.

Regards
Declan

Attached Files

#4 mikelandl

mikelandl

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:20 PM

Hi Declan,

Great tutorial, thanks. Just wondering where you got the date.jpg file from.

#5 gdmjdkc

gdmjdkc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:41 AM

I have been using an older version of the date control in a global logic, but I like the the one you used better. I was able to plug this one into the global with only minor code changes. Works really nice.

I do have one question. The year selector has what microsoft refers to as an "UpDown control". It is part of the mscomct2.ocx that the Monthview control is in, but I have not been able to make it work inside PROIV. Microsoft help says that the UpDown control must be in place to be able to use the year selector.

Any suggestions.

Thanks you.

#6 DeclanLyne

DeclanLyne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:43 PM

Mike,

Apologies if you already know some of this.

A great way to find graphics is to use Google. Launch Google and in the top left of the screen select the option for images. In the search enter 'Calendar' and it will return loads of images to do with dates. A lot of these images are too big as the image I sent you in 14x14 pixels. If you want to see the size of an image hover over it in Windows Explorer and it will show you the size. I found if you enter 'Calendar 14x14' it will return some images of that size. Simply right click the image and select save.

You will find loads of images that you can use as they are but I often find I need to touch them up a bit. I would suggest if you can that you look to learn Photoshop (I did a night class in it). It is magic for doing graphics and has a great feature called 'Free Transform' that lets you drag an image to the size you want and it does a great job at redrawing it. Often you will find an image on Google you want but it is too big. Photoshop can be expensive so another option is Paint Shop Pro which is a lot cheaper. I have used both and Photoshop was the one for me just because of the way it handles Layers (again another great thing to learn). This was a couple of years ago now so Paint Shop Pro may have improved. Also, do some searches on the web for Photoshop tutorials as there are millions. Your PROIV buttons will never be the same again!!

The date.jpg I attached before I use in applications that are predominately blue. What I then found was the grey combobox graphic looked rubbish so I created two new graphics for them which I have attached. I have also attached a screen shot that shows one of them being used on a combobox. The graphics for this screen were done using Photoshop. Notice how the screens are see through. This is done using layers in Photoshop.

Just in case anybody is interested the screen shot is showing the new Client Management feature of V6.1. The screenshot is actually 3 PROIV clients running beside each other. This new feature allows the clients to communicate with each other so when an employee is selected in the tree on the left the other two screens are refreshed with their details.

Hope it helps.

Regards
Declan

Attached Thumbnails

• Dots.jpg
  • Dropdown.jpg
  • PROIV_V6_Client_Management.jpg

#7 DeclanLyne

DeclanLyne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 12:07 AM

On the other question to do with the "UpDown control". I guess you want to be able to use the up and down arrow to move a number?

I have not tried to use the control but if I was doing this I would do it in PROIV by simply specifying two icons beside the field and setting one graphic to the up arrow and the other to the down. The event on each image can then be used to adjust the number and refresh the field using tagname.refresh(). This also means you don't have to have the naff grey buttons. Try doing a Google image search as shown above and enter 'Updown Control' and there are lots of better examples.

I forgot to mention above. When you do a search for images on Google by default it shows large images. Use the dropdown at the top of the screen to select 'Small Images'. (notice the graphic on the dropdown is a nice blue one!!)

Apologies if I have misunderstood your question.

Regards
Declan

#8 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:56 PM

Hi Declan,

I followed the instructions in your PDF to create an ActiveX calendar window for Microsoft MonthView Control 6.0. It works great except the property logic in logic 2 (Cycle in logic) is ignored. I wanted to set the MonthColumns property to a value of 2. When I set it as a value in the ActiveX Control Properties list it does show 2 months. However, when I click on a day I get this run-time error. I don't get the error if it is set to 1 or the default blank. Any ideas on what is causing this?

Thanks.
Ross

Attached Images

• CalendarError.JPG

#9 DeclanLyne

DeclanLyne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 07:59 AM

Hi Ross,

My window with two columns works fine so I am not sure why you get the runtime. I can select dates from either month and they are returned.

I have exported the 2 column window from the PROIV V6 training course so you can try it.

You will notice in the function I change the background colour of the control. The reason I mentioned this is I noticed your other post about setting colours. I will reply on that post how it works.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers
Declan

Attached Images

• Screenshot.jpg

Attached Files

#10 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:27 PM

Hi Declan,

Thanks for the reply on this. I installed the VPX but it is missing P4DateSelectionWindow2Columns function. Can you please include it in the vpx?

Thanks
Ross

#11 DeclanLyne

DeclanLyne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:37 PM

oops!

I have added the one column and two column windows to the vpx.

Cheers
Declan

Attached Files

#12 Ross Bevin

Ross Bevin

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 10:55 PM

Hi Declan,

That's better! In my window I didn't have "Check Control" checked on or anything in Control Appearance settings. After changing my window to match yours it now works. Unfortunately the 6.2 manual doesn't go into much detail on the purpose of these settings.

Thanks for taking the time to help with this.

Regards
Ross

#13 mikelandl

mikelandl

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:06 PM

Has anyone had issues with this calendar control (found in mscomct2.ocx) on windows 7 64-bit machines? We have a new customer that has a few 64-bit machines where it won't work. Makes sense since the ocx file is a vb6 32-bit file. Has anyone come up with a work around? Kinda stuck at the moment. We don't have any "Windows" programmers here so writing our own control is out of the question.
Thanks.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users