Pro-IV printing under RedHat

4 replies to this topic

#1 rickw

rickw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 03:35 PM

After much investigation I've figured out the intermittant problem we have printing from Pro-IV 4.0 on RedHat Linux ES 3

When you print a report it takes the page length and width from the previous report you printed.
This means after printing an 80 column report, if you then print a 132 column report it only prints the first 80 columns. (We also have the same problem with page length)

We have got around this in some routines by inserting a blank 132c report before the first one, however this would be inpractical to do this for every report in our system.

We have had no problems like this on any of our systems on Sco Unix

If anyone has any advice, then it'l be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks

#2 rickw

rickw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:55 AM

*BUMP*
This is still causing us a problem, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

#3 Guest_rpolitiek_*

Guest_rpolitiek_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2009 - 09:13 PM

*BUMP*
This is still causing us a problem, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

We have an application running in 5.5 on RH ES3. Coming from Red Hat 7 the print system had to be changed to CUPS.
We noticed that our simple prints did not come out of the HP printers as we wanted it, so we tried an intermediate step which would give us more possibilities.
1. All of the output goes to file.
2. A PhP script was made (and called to with a SYSTEM command) to convert the output file into a pdf-document.
By the way, that gave us the possibility to almost completely design the output as we wanted, including printing images, formatting text, etc.
3. The created pdf is picked up by a script that sends it to any printer we want in the network.
We happy, customer happy.

#4 Rob Fantini

Rob Fantini

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:07 AM

*BUMP*

We ran into and fixed that problem a long time ago.

Cups is a great printing system for Linux... Our solution uses lpoptions , a couple of global logics .
Respond to this if you still want help - then from the office I'll post the lpoptions and global logics.

#5 rickw

rickw

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:03 AM

Thanks for the help guys.
I did create a blank report which now gets called before every report in our system.

However if you have a better solution (instead of my 'bodge') then I'd be very interested in knowing!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users