ResourceLink International Developer (PROIV)
To work as part of the ResourceLink International Development Team. This team develops the core ResourceLink product, written in PROIV using embedded ActiveX controls to improve the user experience. Additionally, there is requirement for the individual to work on bespoke customer requirements and to assist in supporting both customers and colleagues.
· To work closely with the Australian ResourceLink team and remotely with the Product Strategy & Planning team based in the UK, in analysing the requirements for future developments.
· Be involved in conference calls and via e-mail with the Product Strategy & Planning team to discuss requirements.
· To design solutions and produce both High and Low Level design specifications, based on these requirements.
· To present the designs back to the Product Strategy & Planning team (plus QA representatives) via e-mail to ensure that all aspects of the requirements have been incorporated.
· To develop and unit test quality software. This could involve developing your own specifications, leading a team developing your specifications or working as part of a team developing specifications owned by other developers.
· As a development owner, perform a thorough unit and link test to ensure that all components of the development perform as expected.
· To ensure that a completed solution meets all aspects of the technical specification and original requirements, plus meets all development standards and is fit for QA within Australia.
· To demonstrate the final solution to the ResourceLink team (possibly involving the Product Strategy & Planning team) in order for them to accept the software is ready for QA within the UK.
· To support the QA team during the QA phase.
· To provide 2nd line support to the ResourceLink Support team, as and when required.
· To provide project resource to the ResourceLink team to develop customer bespoke functionality as and when required.
· To assist the ResourceLink team in the release and installation of ResourceLink functionality.
· To provide demonstrations and training on developed software to all necessary parties, such as the consultancy and sales teams.
· Due to the time difference between Australia and the UK, some out-of-hours communication with the UK may be required.
CORE COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
· At least 2 year's experience of working within an IT development environment against documented development standards (Essential)
· At least 2 year's experience of either ProIV, Superlayer or VIP (Preferable)
· Knowledge of ResourceLink, HRS or other HR/Payroll applications (Desirable)
· Relational database experience, preferably Oracle &/or MS SQL Server (Desirable)
· Experience of SQL / PL-SQL (Desirable)
· Background in software development (Essential)
· Experience of Version Control and Configuration Management (Desirable)
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to follow and suggest improvements to procedures
· Ability to communicate both technical and non-technical information, depending upon the audience
· Ability to produce quality documentation for unit test plans/results, release notes, procedures etc.
Edited by Nigel, 05 October 2007 - 05:09 AM.