4 replies to this topic

#1 Phil

Phil

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:30 AM

The stigma and stereo-types of Contractors mean that they are selfish gold diggers who would sell their own grandmothers. However in reality.......thats all true :eek:

Do you think there should be honour amongst Contractors in their workplace as there would be amongst co-employees.......or do you think it's everyman for himself.

Have seen various examples of the above and wondered what you guys thought.

#2 Jschuurkes

Jschuurkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:53 PM

The stigma and stereo-types of Contractors mean that they are selfish gold diggers who would sell their own grandmothers. However in reality.......thats all true :eek:

Do you think there should be honour amongst Contractors in their workplace as there would be amongst co-employees.......or do you think it's everyman for himself.

Hi Phil,

My opinion is, that when you are a "gold digger" contrator you will never find "gold", just "mud".
You should treat your fellow contractor as a co-employee because it will also help you to find new contracts after
your current contract. ("one for all, all for one")
Besides that, if you deliver quality projects, your current customer will not let you leave. The shortest contract I had was 3 years and the longest
6 years, so I earned a lot of "Gold".

So let's just help eachother to find new contracts or when you like the job,
just do like I did, become an regular employee of the company that contracted you,(I never work with agencies) and started last July 1frst.
I had my own company since 1984 and always worked together with other fellow contractors.

Cheers,

Jack
It takes months to find a customer, seconds to lose one......

#3 SteveHoughton

SteveHoughton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 08:21 PM

Jack

And now you are a permie at Airtrade. Remember The House of Communication and The Yellow Company

Steve

#4 Scott Malyon

Scott Malyon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 08:07 AM

That's not good enough Phil! I want names ...... :mad:

I havent really noticed much difference between employees and contractors where 'honour' is concerned.

#5 Jschuurkes

Jschuurkes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 10:41 AM

Jack

And now you are a permie at Airtrade. Remember The House of Communication and The Yellow Company

Steve

Hi Steve,

Of course I remember the House of Communication and The Yellow Company, that's where I learned about ProIV version 1.4 and
yes I'm a permie now at Airtrade since the first of July and the exciting thing about this, is that Airtrade stays
on top of the new developments of VIP, so no longer "green screen", native or superlayer.

Cheers,

Jack
It takes months to find a customer, seconds to lose one......

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users