Function locked by another session

2 replies to this topic

#1 chuckl

chuckl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:52 PM

I was editing a function in VIP and got bounced off of our server. When I try to gain access to that function again it says that the function is locked by another session and will only let me have it in 'lookup' mode. I have restarted ProIV via service manager but still can't get to it. Does anyone have any ideas how to regain access.

thanks
chuckl

#2 Mike Nicholson

Mike Nicholson

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:06 PM

I was editing a function in VIP and got bounced off of our server. When I try to gain access to that function again it says that the function is locked by another session and will only let me have it in 'lookup' mode. I have restarted ProIV via service manager but still can't get to it. Does anyone have any ideas how to regain access.

thanks
chuckl

It's probably your old session locking it. Check if the session is active - if it is then kill it. If not then just wait a little while for the locks to be cleared and you should be fine.

#3 chuckl

chuckl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:30 PM

This actually occurred last night. I had the same thought thinking that it would have let go by today but it was still locked. Service manager showed no active sessions. I ended up rebooting the server to get it to let go.

thanks for the prompt reply, mike

chuckl

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users