2 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Nicholson

Mike Nicholson

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:38 PM

Not sure if I'm being thick here or not ... (Although I'm sure somebody will tell me ... :-" )

Is it possible within a sort-select logic to identify a record that has been selected for deletion. Obviously all the records are now in delete mode as the paging area is in delete mode. I just want to know which one's the user actually wants to delete.

Cheers

Mike

#2 Chris Pepper

Chris Pepper

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:08 PM

I think you'll find that Sort/Select logic is a filter that is applied before control is passed to the user to select. So it is active before the user selects anything rather than when they do the selection.

I think that the Before Write logic will get hit even though you can't do a DSELF at that point you might be able to do other things.

Edited by Chris Pepper, 25 May 2007 - 04:09 PM.

#3 Mike Nicholson

Mike Nicholson

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 May 2007 - 12:33 PM

I think you'll find that Sort/Select logic is a filter that is applied before control is passed to the user to select. So it is active before the user selects anything rather than when they do the selection.

I think that the Before Write logic will get hit even though you can't do a DSELF at that point you might be able to do other things.

Yep to both :-" I was hoping for a way to actually identify the records that had been selected. Resorted to LSEXITING and looping back in the end, although it's not an ideal solution.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users