5 replies to this topic

#1 siobi

siobi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:23 AM

Dear All,

How do I suppress the first line in logical reports? I can't seem to do it as there is no option to set. Even if a main report function calls a logical report and the main report function has suppress first line set, the first line will still print out. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Siobi

#2 Chris Pepper

Chris Pepper

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:27 AM

Suppress first line on a report (in the spooler options or @RFUNCT) stops the default line with the Function name, Date and Page Number being printed on a report.

This feature is activated after the Logic In at Function entry so it can be changed using @RPTOPT.

The only scenario I can think of where a nested LR would cause this to print would be if the LSCALL was in the Logic In at Function entry. If so, move the LSCALL to DEFAULT logic on LR1.

I haven't time to test this at the moment.

#3 siobi

siobi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 08:02 AM

Dear Chris

Thanks for the reply, but I better clarify the situation. I have a screen calling a logical report. The problem is, I don't want the first line in this report to be printed. From what I see, there's no way to set "suppress first line" or go into the logic in of a logical report

Regards

Siobi

#4 George Macken

George Macken

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:38 PM

Hi

I am not familiar with global report / logical report embedded within screens.

However I think that @RPTOPT can be set thru logic, that @RPTOPT is also a system varaible, try UMSG(@RPTOPT) to see what values are present in this field.

Put this logic into the lgc-in of a report function and see the values present, then toggle the suppress first lisne value and see how this value is changed in the @RPTOPT.

OR maybe there is some other variable that just controls this suppress first line feature ?

Search this form for @RPTOPT or Suppress

Rgds

George

#5 Chris Pepper

Chris Pepper

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:59 PM

You talked about calling a Report from a Report, was that a mistake? In your last post you are talking about calling a Report from a Screen.

Is this Superlayer or VIP? Calling a Global Report from a screen is only supported in version 6 onwards I think. I don't know if Superlayer has some way of making this happen, if so it is probably hiding the $SPOOL screen.

I don't have Superlayer or Version 6 - so someone else may need to step in here - unless George's suggestion works. :-

#6 Chris Mackenzie

Chris Mackenzie

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 11:43 AM

You talked about calling a Report from a Report, was that a mistake? In your last post you are talking about calling a Report from a Screen.

Is this Superlayer or VIP? Calling a Global Report from a screen is only supported in version 6 onwards I think. I don't know if Superlayer has some way of making this happen, if so it is probably hiding the $SPOOL screen.

I don't have Superlayer or Version 6 - so someone else may need to step in here - unless George's suggestion works. :-

V5.5 allows calling global report from screen - in VIP function properties - the spooler
tab allows suppression of 1st line. I don't have SL but if you can't get into the spooler
screen for your function type you can edit functdef directly to change the suppress
first line flag.
The content and views expressed in this message are those
of the poster and do not represent those of any organisation.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users