#1 gkwalton

gkwalton

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:26 PM

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what is meant by Inherited Fnkey? This is one of the options when you define a function key in VIP.

The reason I am asking is because I would like a global function to inherit the statics of a parent function. For example, I would like to pass down the functionality of buttons to global functions that are called within a function. Do I have to re-define the buttons in the global functions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
George Jr.

#2 jcduym

jcduym

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:21 PM

Hi,

Inherited for a functionkey in VIP means that the characteristics of the functionkey are inherited from an outer LS inside the function. If the functionkey is not defined, just the @FNKEY value is set.

Function keys are not inherited by global-functions (which is easily checked because if it would work like that, things like interfaces must be dynamically be copied to the global function or a regen would be required: if you change a function any global it calls stays untouched. Using a global function is also a way to isolate a proces from its calling function.

I'm afraid you will have to copy all that you would like to be called into your global, or change all that is called in your parent function to a global and call it as such

Hth

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users