6 replies to this topic

#1 jasjac

jasjac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 10:39 AM

Hi

We are in the process of upgrading one of our clients from v4.6 to v5.5.

We've enhanced some of the screen displays with various colours and the 'piv' is set to use ProIV colours.

On our pc's the colours display fine but our client is running all Dell pc's and the colours are not displaying correctly (i.e. an enquiry screen displays the available quantity in red on a yellow background but on the clients pc's it's blue on yellow).

Has anybody else come across this before and if so how can it be resolved?

Could it be due to different graphics drivers?

Many thanks

#2 Rob Donovan

Rob Donovan

rob@proivrc.com

• Admin
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:05 AM

Hi,

Why do you think that is your graphics drivers?

I would very much doubt that...

Have you checked in $SYSDEF and all the settings for colours in there?

Also, $CRT possibly.

Rob.

#3 Neil Hunter

Neil Hunter

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 14 September 2006 - 11:29 AM

What about the checkbox on the PIV's for use ProIV colours ?

Can the client machines read the proivconst.ini file ?

#4 Kelvin Rapley

Kelvin Rapley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 06:30 AM

Hi,

We experienced the same problem.

We had previously had the issue that Neil mentions - in our case we were copying pivs from XP boxes to older boxes and the path of proivconst.ini referenced windows rather than winnt.

When we had corrected the path issue we found that a couple of users with older boxes were still having colour problems. My colleague did some investigation and was convinced that it made a difference if you assigned a colour name (object.BackColor = 'YELLOW') or an RGB value (object.BackColor = "255,255,64"). I forget now which one he thought was causing the problem but it may be worth a little experimentation.

Kelvin

#5 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:25 AM

There is an upgrade option on the eary 5.5 native menu that upgrades the color values for HDR this is also done when performing a prx import from within VIP.

Later 5.5 clients can experience prolems with locating the proivconst.ini set during installation. This seems to work best when located in the original windows directory and is also set in the Regional settings tab of the client options.

#6 jasjac

jasjac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 September 2006 - 08:47 PM

Hi and thanks everyone for you help and suggestions.

It turns out Kelvin's suggestion turned out to be the problem, so thanks Kelvin :x:

Just in case anybody else has the problem, the colours should be defined as RGB (i.e. 255,255,0) not as 'RED' etc. Very strange that it worked fine on all of the PC's in our office but not on the clients Dell PC's.

Again, many thanks

Regards

Jason

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:01 AM

The color red should be decoded by the value assigned in the proivconst.ini so the fix is not really a fix and the color is not so readable in your code :x:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users