2 replies to this topic

#1 mdexter

mdexter

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:08 PM

In many Windows and Web apps, when you're entering in a key field, the app will display partial matches to what you've entered automatically after you enter in one or a few characters (i.e., without hitting a "search" button). For example, I was just looking up the status of a flight on the US Airways web site, and on the city field as soon as I had entered in the first 3 characters of the city it displayed a list of all of the cities that matched.

Has anyone done this in a PRO-IV application? Thanks. Mark Dexter

#2 Joseph Bove

Joseph Bove

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 07:20 PM

Mark,

I believe you're talking about the autocomplete feature in ProIV.

We had done some testing on it a while back. We were trying to simply turn it on system wide. We ran into a couple of problems that caused us to back out the change.

One was that turning it on system wide was too sloppy. Having a mailbox function try to autocomplete just looked silly.

The other was that it ended up disabling a keystroke. I forget which keystroke in particular... It might have been Tab.

hth,

Joseph

#3 deepghosh

deepghosh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 07:02 AM

This is not possible in V5.5.

PROIV does monitor When Editbox Control changes its contents but there is no server interaction/logic timing.

Being a client-server product, there was some justification to do that (As it creates client-server traffic).

But Windows Programs these days are far more responsive with broadband too, this needs a re-look.

Another one in the same lines is, PROIV list boxes selection change cannot be handled in the server logic.

So you cannot enable/disable buttons based on columns selected in listbox.

V6 Right-Click menus... might be crippled same way too (Because depending on some list box content you want to enable/disable right click menu items)...I hope not.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users