#1 andykay

andykay

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 04:51 PM

Hi All,

I have written a report/spreadsheet to list file modifications done since our last upgrade (see sample attached). I would like to list the differences in Bold Red but am force to use Highlighted Red because everytime I try to use the BOLD command, the Excel ignores the DDE_EXECUTE command I send to it (Ie. The fon't comes out in standard formatting Normal Black).

I am using the following statement that works fine to turn the font Red:

$$PATTERNS = '[FONT.PROPERTIES(,,,,,,,,,3)]'

But I I change ANY other parameter, Excel ignores the entire command and prints the line normally...Black.

I've tried:

$$PATTERNS = '[FONT.PROPERTIES(,Bold,,,,,,,,3)]'
$$PATTERNS = '[FONT.PROPERTIES(Courier,Bold,,,,,,,,3)]'
$$PATTERNS = '[FONT.PROPERTIES(Courier,Bold,,,,,,,,3,False)]'

All with no Luck.

Does anyone know how to correctly issue a Bold command to Excel?

TIA.

Attached Files

Edited by andykay, 30 May 2006 - 04:53 PM.

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL IS THE HEADLAMP OF THE TRAIN THAT'S ABOUT TO HIT YOU!!!

#2 Guest_Jason_*

Guest_Jason_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2006 - 06:52 AM

Looks like an informative report to have for doing an upgrade. Tells you which files were modified and which fields were changed or added. ;)

How did you get ProIV to collapse the detail lines like that?

#3 David Allen

David Allen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:21 PM

Hi Andy,

A long time after your original post and no doubt you've solved it now, but I've been trying to get to grips with DDE commands over the last couple of days and have found the solution. I post here to aid any other 'DDE newbies' scouring the forum. The command you require is:

$$PATTERNS = '[FONT.PROPERTIES(,"Bold",,,,,,,,3)]'

i.e. the Bold is in quotes. Interestingly (or frustratingly) if you don't have a number in for the colour then it doesn't work. So if you want to just bold then you have to add the colour as 1 (black).

How flaky is all this DDE stuff?

David

#4 Vol Yip

Vol Yip

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 20 December 2007 - 03:01 PM

Hi Andy,

I am interested to know how to write DDE to produce the outlining format worksheet looks like your Excel. Could you please give me some lights?

Regards,

Vol

Edited by Vol Yip, 20 December 2007 - 03:04 PM.

#5 Marcel De Rijk

Marcel De Rijk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:10 AM

:eek: Looks great! I would also like to see the code that produced all that?

#6 Steve Houghton

Steve Houghton

Advanced

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:56 AM

Hi David

In answer to your question "How flaky is all this DDE stuff?" I would like to say that I have developed a Pro-IV based finance system called VIP Financials and most of the reporting is done via Excel using DDE's. They work 100% in Excel 1997, 2001 and 2003 and there are minor coding changes for Excel 2007. The accounts system has user-definable colour schemes and the Excel spreadhseets match the user's choice of colours. My system does not really have high data volumes and this become an issue for some people.

Regards

Steve Houghton

#7 andykay

andykay

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:15 PM

:rolleyes: Looks great! I would also like to see the code that produced all that?

Enquirer,

It would appear that the XLS report used for our upgrade project was converted to a Single Function XLS report after our upgrade. After reviewing the FUNCTION Documentation, I've determined that there is no sensitive code in the Doc itself...All the good bits of code, which my company might have issues about, are in the LU's being called.

You wanted to see the code for the report...here it is. While it will not provide you with any Excel code, it will give an enquiring programmer a starting point for the types of calls that are needed for highend Excel outputs...95% of which I found answers, through intensive searching for, here on the RC...directly and indirectly.

AK

Attached Files

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL IS THE HEADLAMP OF THE TRAIN THAT'S ABOUT TO HIT YOU!!!

#8 Vol Yip

Vol Yip

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 01:49 AM

:rolleyes: Looks great! I would also like to see the code that produced all that?

Enquirer,

It would appear that the XLS report used for our upgrade project was converted to a Single Function XLS report after our upgrade. After reviewing the FUNCTION Documentation, I've determined that there is no sensitive code in the Doc itself...All the good bits of code, which my company might have issues about, are in the LU's being called.

You wanted to see the code for the report...here it is. While it will not provide you with any Excel code, it will give an enquiring programmer a starting point for the types of calls that are needed for highend Excel outputs...95% of which I found answers, through intensive searching for, here on the RC...directly and indirectly.

AK

Thanks AK :p

#9 Marcel De Rijk

Marcel De Rijk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:26 AM

Thank you for that!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users