Oracle 8.1.6 (32bit)
Solaris 8
Glovia 5.4

Migrating to New Server (64bit):
Pro-IV 4.6 r534 64bit
Oracle 9.2.0.7 64bit
Solaris 8
Glovia 5.4

I am facing problem connecting to Pro-IV 4.6 r534 in the new server. Getting error message 'Unknown protocol offered by PROIV kernel, expected 65, offered 36.' during the execution of 'pro'. What I have done is copying the whole 'bs' of Glovia 5.4 into new server after installing Pro-IV. Suspect is the current 'bs' is running on 32bit but latest Pro-IV installed is running on 64bit.

Any settings that I need to change or to upgrade the current 'bs' into 64bit by doing the whole export & import and regen procedures? or just to downgrade the Pro-IV 4.6 r534 to 32bit?

Anybody face this situation before? Appreciate your comment.

Tan

#2 George Macken

George Macken

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:47 PM

Hi

we have migrated NT oracle 7/8 to Win2003 oracle 9 without any problems.

I have not moved 32bit to 64bit

I think the first thing you need to do is to validate your pro-iv install on the new 64 bit kit.
1) Install pro-iv and connect and login as MDC/SYS/SYS ?
2) Can you create a "trial" table in ORACLE and write a trial function to read/write the table.

Once you've proved the above then move on to running your application on the 64 bit kit.

If you are just going to copy your application bootstraps then I'd advise you isout/isarch these files on 32bit. Isin them on 64bit and run ischk afterwards. Then isin the dbase.out over the application bootstraps to replace the "pro-iv" bootstrap functions with their 64bit version.

At this point your application should "hopefully" be OK and you should be able to connect to the application account, your application function may not yet run until you GEN them.
If this fails them maybe export and import of your application from 32bith to 64 is required.

hope this helps

Rgds

George

#3 mfmesa

mfmesa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:16 AM

Hi Tan, I'm in the same migration process, was it success ? could you sharing your experience with us ?

If you could a step by step summary, I would appreciate your help.

Thank in advanced. Manuel

Hi

we have migrated NT oracle 7/8 to Win2003 oracle 9 without any problems.

I have not moved 32bit to 64bit

I think the first thing you need to do is to validate your pro-iv install on the new 64 bit kit.
1) Install pro-iv and connect and login as MDC/SYS/SYS ?
2) Can you create a "trial" table in ORACLE and write a trial function to read/write the table.

Once you've proved the above then move on to running your application on the 64 bit kit.

If you are just going to copy your application bootstraps then I'd advise you isout/isarch these files on 32bit. Isin them on 64bit and run ischk afterwards. Then isin the dbase.out over the application bootstraps to replace the "pro-iv" bootstrap functions with their 64bit version.

At this point your application should "hopefully" be OK and you should be able to connect to the application account, your application function may not yet run until you GEN them.
If this fails them maybe export and import of your application from 32bith to 64 is required.

hope this helps

Rgds

George

#4 Gina Morfe

Gina Morfe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:28 PM

Hi,

Current server (32bit):
Pro-IV 4.6 r218
Oracle 8.1.6 (32bit)
Solaris 8
Glovia 5.4

Migrating to New Server (64bit):
Pro-IV 4.6 r534 64bit
Oracle 9.2.0.7 64bit
Solaris 8
Glovia 5.4

I am facing problem connecting to Pro-IV 4.6 r534 in the new server. Getting error message 'Unknown protocol offered by PROIV kernel, expected 65, offered 36.' during the execution of 'pro'. What I have done is copying the whole 'bs' of Glovia 5.4 into new server after installing Pro-IV. Suspect is the current 'bs' is running on 32bit but latest Pro-IV installed is running on 64bit.

Any settings that I need to change or to upgrade the current 'bs' into 64bit by doing the whole export & import and regen procedures? or just to downgrade the Pro-IV 4.6 r534 to 32bit?

Anybody face this situation before? Appreciate your comment.

Tan

I know this is a late reply.. The solution to this is make sure you upgrade your client as well.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users