LSCALL and Parenthesis

5 replies to this topic

#1 Boochi

Boochi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:52 PM

i didn't understand why we some times give LSCALL (XXXX) and some times LSCALL XXXX.

there are no interfaces with these calls, it just branches into new group

sometimes it gives error while regen and sometimes it doesn't.

Can anyone educate me about this problem

#2 Chris Pepper

Chris Pepper

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:01 AM

Is this Superlayer or standard ProIV?

#3 Boochi

Boochi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 12:42 PM

it is super layer

#4 Chris Pepper

Chris Pepper

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 04:40 PM

Yes, I thought so.

Standard ProIV only allows LSCALL(nn) where nn is the LU (cycle) number or GLOBAL_LSCALL(global_fun, interface). In both cases the brackets are required.

Superlayer uses calls to named "Functions". These are then translated by Superlayer into standard ProIV. So you may be getting errors when the Superlayer is trying to construct the Function, or ProIV errors because the underlying ProIV is not created properly.

Can you give some examples? Hopefully some of the Superlayer experts on this forum will give some feedback.

#5 Boochi

Boochi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 01:06 PM

Here is one example:

in report function : everything was working and i have a lscall xxxx in def exit logic of paging section.

With new requirement , i have to put some code for printing the report to a printer and other things in logic out of report function. When i regen it gives error in the lscall (yyyy) of logic out. This lscall (yyyy) which i have put as part of new changes. The same lscall(yyyy) works in other functions.

i commented the entire code of logic out which i have put for new chnages, when i regen it shows error at
lscall xxxx, which was working previously.

Now i went back to paging section and changed the call to lscall(xxxx) and regen it works.

i have put back the commented code of logic out ie lscall (yyyy). It works fine. :lol:

To test the mystery , i went back to lscall(xxxx) and changed it back to lscall xxxx.

now when i regen it works fine with new code in logic out. I didn't understnad why it didn't worked earlier.

Why some times in super layer LSCALL without parenthesis gives error. i put parenthessis back it works. if i remove it works.

Help to get the mystery behind it.

#6 andykay

andykay

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 07:05 PM

Boochi,

If the call to LSCALL YYYY works fine in other functions, then most likely it is not the new Logic Out code that is causing you the problems, but something wrong with the parameters that you are passing into LSCALL YYYY that LSCALL YYYY does not like.

Could you provide us with the code for the parameter mappings in the erroring LSCALL and one from a LSCALL that does work, as well as, the EXACT Gen error message?

AK
THE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL IS THE HEADLAMP OF THE TRAIN THAT'S ABOUT TO HIT YOU!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users