New to PRO IV

5 replies to this topic

#1 PeterKelly

PeterKelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 07:31 AM

Hi, I'm new to Pro IV and was wondering if anybody had any books or hints they could recommend to a Pro IV novice. My previous programming experinces have been in Java , C and Clipper - all of which have a very different methodology to Pro IV.

Until then I'll just keep plugging away at the documention and hope I don't break the Dev server ;)

Peter Kelly

(And if anybody knows how i can move this post to some more releveant that would be good too :-" )

Edited by PeterKelly, 23 January 2006 - 07:36 AM.

#2 luwapula

luwapula

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:36 AM

Hi, I'm new to Pro IV and was wondering if anybody had any books or hints they could recommend to a Pro IV novice. My previous programming experinces have been in Java , C and Clipper - all of which have a very different methodology to Pro IV.

Until then I'll just keep plugging away at the documention and hope I don't break the Dev server ;)

Peter Kelly

(And if anybody knows how i can move this post to some more releveant that would be good too ;) )

What version of proiv are u using?

Luwapula

#3 George Macken

George Macken

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:44 PM

Hi

there are some earlier posts on similar subject - use the Search on the forum

http://www.proivrc.c...hl=timing cycle

also take a look at this posting, understanding the timing cycle is pretty important in the development of pro-iv functions

http://www.proivrc.c...read=1&hl=cycle

Rgds

#4 PeterKelly

PeterKelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 12:53 AM

We are using Native 5.232* (*I can't tell you exactly until my unix login is organised) running on Solaris.

While the previous Thread had some helpful stuff, I was hoping to generate some more responses, after all its has been almost two years since that thread was active ;)

Edited by PeterKelly, 24 January 2006 - 12:54 AM.

#5 DARREN

DARREN

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:58 PM

There is a tutorial that comes with the Single Developer vesion of PROIV. I understand that in the next version of PROIV (version 6.0) it will be expanded. There is also some basic guidance in the VIP help file.

Edited by DARREN, 24 January 2006 - 03:02 PM.

Things should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler

#6 PeterKelly

PeterKelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:21 AM

Thanks , that tutorial from the single developer looks good. I had troubleing downloading it from the Proiv site - but I snaffed it from the intranet at work.

Peter

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users