2 replies to this topic

#1 basy

basy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:sports, current affairs

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:49 AM

i have run a batch Update function to learn batch processing.

update function reads a pro isam file and writes records into a sequential file.

in update function , i have two groups. group1 reads and group2 is called using LSCALL to write records.

i am able to display UMSG for default and exit logics for group2 , but not able to write records. ie UMSG used for file in "Bef Wrt" of group2 are not displayed. in .out file , all UMSG are shown except of file.

At the end of .out file , i see "READQUE
UPDATE IN PROGRESS - PLEASE WAIT"

Output file is also empty.

i checkd the queue after execution , the status of job is "INP". Before execution it was "ELG".

is INP means in process, if it is in process, then why it has written UMSG content of default logic and exit logic of group2 then......

I need some approaches to understand this concept :o

how to find version of system. i use SL , green screen, UNix platform.....

i have delivered couple of projects to client and still i don't know version of system. i use SL , green screen, UNix platform..... i think this is mind blowing ..... :p
Thanks & Regards,
Basy

#2 Joseph Bove

Joseph Bove

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:01 PM

Basy,

It has been a very long time since we've messed with the Batch processing.

From what I remember, if you take a function out of batch processing, it should run identitically. If this is still true, then I'd suggest taking your function out of the its batch to see if it behaves any differently.

Your issue may not have anything to do with the batch processing at all.

You put UMSG's in the Default logic and Exit Logic. I'd put a UMSG in the After Read logic as well. It is quite possible, based on your SEL logic, not reading any records.

If you are trying to do an LSCALL to add a record, special handling has to take place. We read a sentinel file first (PM.COUNT) and then add the record. I think if you want your primary file to be in ADD mode on an LSCALL, you have to set the One Time flag to Y

hth,

Joseph

#3 basy

basy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Interests:sports, current affairs

Posted 18 January 2006 - 04:47 AM

Thanks Joseph for suggestion.

now i have executed the update function thru screen and still didn't see any records written.
Later implemented one time flag to group where records are written. It worked as you said.

i am able to see desired results in batch also.

Now onwards i will try in online then go to batch. :o

Thanks & Regards
Basy
Thanks & Regards,
Basy

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users