2 replies to this topic

#1 gamecat

gamecat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 01:43 PM

Does anybody have :

a) Experience of using the Performance Pack for VMS for ProIV ?
b) Access to an evaluation copy as is (normally) available via ProIV/NG website (as the site is down due to the fire I can't get my hands on it and desperately need it). Documentation for this pack would be a good substitute if the evaluation distribution is not available.

Edited by gamecat, 15 December 2005 - 01:46 PM.

#2 Chris Pepper

Chris Pepper

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 15 December 2005 - 04:14 PM

From my discussions with Ray, the performance pack switches on "lazy writes" on RMS (i.e. similar processing to Unix). This means that processing for write intensive code is faster. I didn't take it further for our system as it has implications for our handling of recovery situations (which are an intrinsic part of our system). In the longer term we're moving towards Oracle on all platforms which handles recovery differently, so I didn't think it would be worth the potential recoding.

#3 Guest_Bryan James_*

Guest_Bryan James_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 December 2005 - 11:14 AM

Does anybody have :

a) Experience of using the Performance Pack for VMS for ProIV ?
B) Access to an evaluation copy as is (normally) available via ProIV/NG website (as the site is down due to the fire I can't get my hands on it and desperately need it). Documentation for this pack would be a good substitute if the evaluation distribution is not available.

Hi David,
If you need an evaluation key for the performance pack please email proivkeys@northgate-is.com - we will be only too pleased to help.

Regards
Bryan
Bryan James
Proiv

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users