#17 Joseph Bove

Joseph Bove

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 06:42 PM

Neil,

Yay at least someone understands me  So create a function that creates a global update which calls a global report ?

One thing to warn you about. Although you can easily force a function to regen by simply blanking out @FREV in functdef, the same will not work for a global. You'll have to force a regen by another fashion if you want to dynamically create your global function.

If you have access to the bootstraps, writing a function that writes another function is relatively easy.

I can post you more details - off site (if you are have signed an NDA with ProIV for the bootstraps). I don't want to violate our agreement with ProIV - especially not on a web site that they read regularly! (I try to little the scope of my bad decisions.)

Regards,

Joseph

#18 Neil Hunter

Neil Hunter

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 15 November 2005 - 05:12 AM

Neil,

Yay at least someone understands meĀ  So create a function that creates a global update which calls a global report ?

One thing to warn you about. Although you can easily force a function to regen by simply blanking out @FREV in functdef, the same will not work for a global. You'll have to force a regen by another fashion if you want to dynamically create your global function.

If you have access to the bootstraps, writing a function that writes another function is relatively easy.

I can post you more details - off site (if you are have signed an NDA with ProIV for the bootstraps). I don't want to violate our agreement with ProIV - especially not on a web site that they read regularly! (I try to little the scope of my bad decisions.)

Regards,

Joseph

Thanks Joseph, you have a PM :lol:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users