Email from Chess 3.2 CISAM

3 replies to this topic

#1 Flip Flueckiger

Flip Flueckiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 02:01 PM

We have Chess 3.2 C-ISAM. I would like a user to be able to enter an email address in a function and the requested user would get the email alerting them of an event . We are using HP_UX and GroupWise mail system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

#2 Vol Yip

Vol Yip

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 02:11 PM

Hi,

How do you define an event? At what circumstances you want the system sends an email to the user?

Regards,

Vol

#3 Flip Flueckiger

Flip Flueckiger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 02:32 PM

Hello,

I am writting a little application where a user may assign a task to another. I would like to find some way that the one required to perform the task would receive an email alerting them. I know we get emails from events on the HP box and I was hopping I could pass an email address to out of Chess to Unix that would end up in our GroupWise mail System.

I have a a Unix guy comming in a couple of weeks and would like to have some knowlege to pass to him.

Thanks

#4 Kevin Bruss

Kevin Bruss

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 07:17 PM

There may be many ways to do this, but here's one [more].

Try something like this in a global update (GLU) function that you can LSCALL to with
parameters:

#STAT = SYSTEM("/usr/bin/mail -s '" + $_SUBJECT + "' " + $_EMAILS + " <" + $_EMLFILE + " 2>&1")

Your GLU interface will include the above scratch fields;
I assumed you have a pre-defined text file for the body of the message.

You may also want to encode an attachment; in unix, use UUENCODE and append it to your body for your email (defined via $_EMLFILE). I have had odd results if you attempt to use more "body" space after attachments, so save this step for the very end.

For $_EMAILS, delimit with spaces. We happen to use only the userid's (no @domains's).

Good luck.
-Kevin

Edited by Kevin Bruss, 16 May 2005 - 07:18 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users