Web Client on Linux

7 replies to this topic

#1 llony

llony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 01:23 PM

We have installed Web Client Version 3 on Red Hat Linux 7.3 using the Netscape 4.39 explorer.

We try to run the Netscape on the linux console and it shows the error message: "This page contains information of a type (application/X-eskerplus) that can only be viewed with the appropiate plug-in." When we press ok button to download the plug-in, it does nothing, apparently it does not find it.

Have anybody an idea about what's happening or How to find the plug-in?

Any help will be appreciated.

Best Regards.

#2 jasjac

jasjac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 03:46 PM

Hi

According to the 'Help' file supplied with WebClient, it is only supported on IE5 (or greater) and Netscape v6.

Hope this helps.

#3 Bob Filipiak

Bob Filipiak

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:52 PM

To add two more cents here,

I have been using Firefox for a few months, and have run into similar issues. My banks' on line account inquiry screen continues to scream that I am using an unsupported browser. It works just fine.

IE - something I want to use as LITTLE as possible.

Bob Filipiak

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:02 PM

Maybe I'm missing something here but..

I thought the ProIV "Web Client" nowadays was an OCX Active/X thingy and as such surely it's never going to run on Linux (at least without some big MS-emulation pack of some sort) :)

#5 Joseph Bove

Joseph Bove

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:43 PM

Guest,

The Web Client service can run on a linux box... That is doubtlessly what llony is referring to.

Regards,

Joseph

#6 llony

llony

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:02 PM

Guest,

The Web Client service can run on a linux box... That is doubtlessly what llony is referring to.

Regards,

Joseph

Thank you for your help about the netscape and the appropiate plug-ins. but now i have another problem. when I try to run Pro-iv from the netscape on the
linux console, It does nothing,apparently something is missing.
I tried running from a client using windows xp and it works fine, the problem happens to be on linux. Any help would be appreciate

Thank you.

#7 Joseph Bove

Joseph Bove

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:49 PM

llony,

Can you run other pages that require Active X on the Linux / Netscape box? It seems like this would be the most likely problem area...

hth,

Joseph

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:20 PM

Maybe Joseph, but I'm still not absolutely sure I read the posts that way..

Llony,

I'm not a ProIV GUI user and I would hope someone else can give you (and me) a much more definitive answer, but FWIW my "understanding" of the ProIV GUI client is as follows:

The ProIV GUI client itself, whether run standalone or in a browser is a Microsoft-centric "solution". It "is" an Active/X "control" and as such requires some Active/X "support infrastructure" or whatever. Thus the ProIV GUI client may run in IE or Netscape ON WINDOWS but it will never(?) run in Netscape ON LINUX.

If I am correct, maybe this helps to explain your problem (or maybe not). I'll be happy to be (politely) corrected if I'm simply completely wrong - I'm really just speculating on the basis of what I've been told by others.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users