- - - - -

Another one bites the dust?

45 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_Trevor Gordon_*

Guest_Trevor Gordon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:03 AM

· Why are the Managing Director, his wife and daughters’ names among the list of creditors?
· Why is the Managing Directors’ wife listed as a creditor when I believe she has not worked at CPL due to illness for many months or even years?
· Why is the Managing Directors’ daughter listed as a creditor with a claim for 10K? I believe she was only an employee for 2, maybe 3 years. This claim for unpaid wages seems to incate she was employed on a salary in excess of 100K for answering the telephone.

The Managing Directors daughter sent me four emails in Feb (The last one about 4 days before they officially went bust) trying to get me to fill in February's timesheet so that they could (eventually) bill the client.

I had no idea how bad a condition CPL were in, and when I asked about my December invoice she replied "Unfortunately I dont get involved in payments, I am just trying to keep on top of the part I deal with would really appreciate it if you could submit them."

If the amount that she has owing is true then she must have known (or should have known) for some time that CPL were in big trouble that I was never going to get paid for February.

I'm going to be asking why she was so keen to get my February timesheet completed before the month was out.

#32 Guest_Trevor Gordon_*

Guest_Trevor Gordon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 12:57 PM

I should also add that the letter from the receivers includes the statement that:

"Based on information currently available to me, it is unlikely that there will be any funds available for a distribution to the unsecured creditors".

- That's me then.

#33 Guest_Steve Duffield_*

Guest_Steve Duffield_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2006 - 01:13 PM

The return of the salesman last year was described to me as that he was 'joining us again'. Emails from him came from a CPL address (as they did from the MD's son up until the end). And yet when CPL goes bust both of these are revealed as Intervolve employees!?

They wrote off 400K the year before (CVA) and crashed with a simlar debt a year later (minus unpaid wages), I think it would be pretty hard for them to argue that they couldn't see this coming.

It definately stinks that the MD's family are named as preferred creditors when they had people work for them for three months who will in all probability will get nothing.

#34 Rob Donovan

Rob Donovan

rob@proivrc.com

• Admin
  • 1,640 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 03:57 PM

Hi,

I cant quite understand this....

How can a body shop like CPL, who just charge out their staff to other companies (I think thats all CPL did??) get into a state where they owe so much money??

Arent they charing by the hour?

So, how can they have such a big debt?

Just curious....

Rob.

#35 Nic Brough

Nic Brough

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 04:20 PM

How can a body shop like CPL, who just charge out their staff to other companies (I think thats all CPL did??) get into a state where they owe so much money??

They didn't just act as an agency.

Originally, they were a "service provider", and one of the services was Pro-IV programmers/consultants etc (this was the main service when I started out with them). Some of us ended up entrenched at various customers (there's a spec in my desk that I wrote when I started here, dated mid 1997, and even that was the second revision). CPL diversified out into several other areas that had little or nothing to do with Pro, and it's my understanding that this was what led to the losses.

I never really got involved with the newer projects, I stuck to Pro, although I don't do a lot of that any more. I scripted myself out of a job and then stepped into a colleagues shoes, keeping the old stuff down to a bit of maintenance and "everyone asks Nic when they get a really obscure error, or are taking apart some of his dodgy old code"

Nic

#36 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:03 AM

It takes a special kind of donut to go from a 5 million turnover company to a million pound loss in less than 5 years.

And he can't even blame Rodney!...

#37 Nic Brough

Nic Brough

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:58 PM

Hi Sandra!

I'm one of the ones that got dumped on big time by CPL. (Hello Nic, remember me?).

Ayup Steve!

I was one of the ones told to get lost without any compensation - I never even got my expenses paid so I actually paid out money to work for them!

Good to hear from you both. Just wondering if you felt like a catch up chat without boring all the pro-iv'ers here as well - if so, use the forum mail to drop me an email address, and I'll get back to you off line!

Even if it's just to tell you that the TBO system you both worked on is still going, it's still keeping me in a job, and looks like it will reach the age of 20 before it retires.

Regards, Nic.

#38 Nic Brough

Nic Brough

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:08 AM

Intervolve viable? 3 people working in London propping up half a dozen pretending to in Wellingborough (not much change there then :eek: )? The only products they have they are reselling (think ebay dropshipper) which you could probably just google and buy direct.

Two now. I left yesterday.

#39 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2006 - 08:52 PM

Well done Nic.

Best decision you could have made. Just sorry I ever helped to make that t*sser and his family of rEjECts any money :complain:

#40 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2006 - 06:26 AM

Well done Nic.

Best decision you could have made. Just sorry I ever helped to make that t*sser and his family of rEjECts any money :x:

:o

Is that you Jason ?

#41 Anthony Kelsall

Anthony Kelsall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 10:55 AM

Not sure who wrote it but I can't understand why they have logged on as a guest.
Is there anything slanderous in their comments?

Anyway, does anybody know how Del Boy and Jimmy Tarbuck are doing with their new venture / debt building exercise?

#42 Nic Brough

Nic Brough

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 September 2006 - 04:12 PM

Not sure who wrote it but I can't understand why they have logged on as a guest.
Is there anything slanderous in their comments?

Anyway, does anybody know how Del Boy and Jimmy Tarbuck are doing with their new venture / debt building exercise?

Don't know how they're doing, but if I'm right about who you mean by Jimmy, he left at the same time as me.

The other two BPers are still here and being paid, but I don't know how they're getting on with the new line manager.

#43 Guest_Steve Duffield_*

Guest_Steve Duffield_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 October 2006 - 06:18 AM

If Tarby's left them Del Boy is running out of people to stitch up when Intervolve goes the same way as CPL. At this rate, he's going to be stealing money off his own kids!...

#44 Anthony Kelsall

Anthony Kelsall

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 October 2006 - 08:02 PM

If Tarby's left them Del Boy is running out of people to stitch up when Intervolve goes the same way as CPL. At this rate, he's going to be stealing money off his own kids!...

I think our opinions of him are bang out of order and we should have a rethink..............

..............had a rethink and yes he would stitch up his kids! :unsure:

#45 STEVERDUFF

STEVERDUFF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:57 AM

Just heard that Intervolve has gone into liquidation (w00t)

The Matthews clan are now released into the community so if you are ever in Wellingborough Tescos you might see a few familiar faces pushing trolleys :lol:

(w00t)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users