3 replies to this topic

#1 Marco.Bega

Marco.Bega

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 03:48 PM

I have a paging screen in change mode, where it is possible change all the fields.
In before write i verified all the fields changed and I ask with a windows ("Confermation?"),
if the response is affermative "Y" i dont'have a problem, but if the response is a "N" i'd like the same process
when i pressed the function key "ESC" or in green screen "F2" (automatically refresh all the field with a old value).
I can't use the propriety refresh because MY CUSTOMER USE PRO-IV version 4.6.
Is there a solution?

Best Regards
Marco Bega

#2 Joseph Bove

Joseph Bove

ProIV Guru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 05:38 PM

Marco,

In 4.6, it may behoove you to actually use a temporary file instead. This way, if the user cancels the screen, you simply exit. If the users does a confirmation, you would do an update on the real table based on what is in the temporary file.

hth,

Joseph

#3 Marco.Bega

Marco.Bega

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 October 2004 - 05:46 PM

The function has this LS in Superlayer
\GS\
FIELD1
FIELD2
\PS\
FIELD 3 FIELD 4 FIELD5 FIELD6 ......

I press F6 in (Paging) and i change the value and after there is a windows confermation.
If i presso "N" the current field return to FIELD3 (AN IT OK!!) BUT NOT REFRESH FIELD4 FIELD5... WITH THE OLD VALUE.

PS
If i comment the execute window confermation "S/N", and resecute the sequence; if i press then "Esc" or "F2" all the field are refresh with the
old value.
how can do it, with the window confermation?
Marco

#4 Shaun Rudland

Shaun Rudland

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 05 October 2004 - 01:19 AM

G'Day Marco,

You could try putting in extra references for FIELD4 and FIELD5 in Display-Only (use LABEL and OVERLAY LABEL in SuperLayer for positioning). Place these Display-Only fields before FIELD3, and when "Confirmation?" is N, return to FIELD4 (Display-Only) rather than FIELD3.

Hope that makes sense.

Regards

Shaun
PRO-IV free for 385 Days B)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users